*Role : Development DBA *
*Location : Dallas TX*
*Duration: 12 Months +*
*Non locals are okay ,Locals preferred*
*Phone + F2F hire for Locals *
*Phone + Skype hire for non-locals *
*No of positions : 1 *
The Oracle Database Administrator will assist in the maintenance,
monitoring, advancement, tuning, business continuity planning, backup and
recovery testing of the company’s development, staging and production
Oracle Databases. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the
database needs of a fast growing business unit within Excentus and
therefore must be comfortable regularly interacting with business and
development teams. The candidate job activities will include database
development, definition, structure, documentation, maintenance, long-range
planning, and operational guidelines and data security. The candidate will
also help with development and adapting frameworks and industry best
practices, executing unit and performance testing.
*Responsibilities & Tasks*
· Candidate needs Oracle development experience, performance tuning
knowledge, experience with indexes, partitioning, SQL tuning skills, etc.
ETL would be nice to have.
· * **Application development 80%-90% | Administration 10%-20%*
· The Development DBA’s main focus is to support the Java
Developers to make sure they have all of the database tables, sequences,
indexes, etc. that they need to develop the front-end application. The
Development DBA will help the Java Developers with queries, data, etc.
because the DBA team does not want the Java Developers just creating all
kinds of stuff in the database….
· The Development DBA will work with the Application Analyst team
to research issues that they might have regarding customer exports,
reports, data exports, etc. These are usually generated by custom PL/SQL
or SQL code that has been written to generate the export or report. In
addition, the Development DBA will work with the QA team during the Sprint
development cycle with their testing to help resolve issues found in the
reports, exports, etc.
· Once the work is moved to production, then the Application
Analyst team would assist the Development DBA for help if some type of data
or processing error happened, so the Development DBA would potentially have
to develop some customer PL/SQL or SQL scripts that is based upon some type
of business logic. These scripts could then potentially produce some type
of data export or report or file,that would be used by the customer or even
by our own Accounting department etc.
- Plan work to meet project deadlines, accommodate demands by
development teams, set priorities and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation),
- Strong problem solving skill set, and the ability to understand new
technologies quickly are essential
- Monitor database management systems as well as evaluating database
performance to maximize efficiency
- Work in an environment that practices strict change management
- Provide recommendations to application development teams for data
restructuring and performing complex maintenance
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum and participates in all Agile/Scrum
- Deploy and manage changes in development, staging and production.
- Involve in a rotation for on-call after hour for database support
- Assists developers and Application Analyst on SQL queries and tuning
- 5+ years working with Oracle Enterprise and RAC databases.
- 2+ years working with Oracle 11g installed on a Linux operating system.
- 5+ years designing data warehouses, includes: definition, structure,
documentation, maintenance, long-range requirements, operational guidelines
- Proficient in SQL tuning.
- Monitoring, analysis, and tuning of Oracle databases and tuning of SQL
to achieve optimum performance.
- Extensive knowledge of data integration and processing including
extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL), data analysis, and metadata.
- Development and implementation of security and integrity controls.
- Completion of Oracle Certified Professional is required.
* **Preferred Experience:*
- Design and implementation of Oracle Partitioning.
- Optimization of hardware configuration to Oracle configuration.
- Completion of Oracle Certified Masters course.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
*Licensing Requirements :*
OCP in Oracle 10g or 11g is mandatory
*Thanks & Regards*
*Rathna Kumar | Senior-IT Recruiter |*
*Email: **rath...@usmsystems.com** , Phone:** **703-349-2660** *
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.