*Role : QA *
*No of positions : 2*
*Rate: $45/hr C2C *
*Length: 6months +*
*Location: Washington, DC*
*Locals from DC/MD/VA only *
*Phone and F2F required (No OPTS please)*
Job activities include:
· Preparing detailed functional test plans utilizing functional
requirements and technical design documentation and applied test strategies.
· Preparing test case definitions including input artifacts,
detailed test steps and expected results in the Conditional Access test
· Determination of test case efficacy for coverage of functional
requirement and technical design.
· Determination of level of effort estimates for test planning
· Test execution in accordance with the test plans.
· Verification of detailed test results based on defined test cases
with retention of all QA deliverables and testing artifacts in the
Conditional Access test management system.
· Preparing load and performance test scripts that drive the
applications under test to a predetermined threshold of volume and activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project requirements and design documentation as a basis for:
- Understanding business and application functionality and features
in order to determine the appropriate test cases required for
- Preparation of detailed testing plans and documentation including
required testing for new functionality and assessment of
- Test case definitions that validate all inputs and outputs of a
particular process under test including web service calls, file
database updates and logging functions.
- Test coverage definition and mapping of test cases to requirements.
- Test data creation for all aspects of testing.
- Development and maintenance of both manual and automated test scripts
- An automation framework adequate for driving the services under
test through all of the identified test cases using the required
- Automated generation of test data adequate for both functional and
for performance testing as indicated in the test plan and strategy.
- Evaluation and retention of test artifacts that cover the planned
tests in the Conditional Access test management system including the
capture of database updates, file processing and parsing
evidence from service logs.
- Building SQL queries to populate and establish the test bed
required to complete functional and performance testing.
- Automated test scripts as needed.
- Tracking and communication of testing status including:
- Defect identification with supporting trace evidence.
- Test tracking including percentage completed.
- Failure rate and blocked test identification.
- Issues and risks.
- Collaborate with the Advanced Development Group, OEM Engineering,
Innovations Center, Supply Chain, Streaming Services and Products, and
Subscriber Management System teams for test design, execution, and
deployment coordination as needed..
- Interface with Conditional Access Operations team as assigned
regarding new software releases, training, and trouble-shooting production
· Ownership and resolution verification of issues encountered in
- Proactively determination technical issues and solutions.
* *Supervisory Responsibilities:
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- BS in Engineering, Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance in a
software engineering or application development discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing load and performance testing scripts
in a common language and working with internal and external organizations
for the preparation and completion of planned load tests.
- 2+ years’ experience designing, developing, and testing secure systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with Development
and Operations teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and
multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
· Comprehension of Public Key Cryptography and encryption
· Strong comprehension of Software Development Life Cycle and
Configuration Management using Agile methodology techniques.
· Comprehension of Object-Oriented Programming.
· Comprehension of RESTful web services, SOA.
· Skilled in Transact-SQL.
· Skilled in MS SQL Server and strong understanding of relational
· Strong skills with Excel.
· Multi-platform experience (Windows / UNIX) is a plus.
*Thanks & Regards*
Rathna Kumar | Senior-IT Recruiter |
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.