Please reply at
*chris.br...@panzersolutions.com*<chris.br...@panzersolutions.com>

between us and the end client.

Perl/PHP Programmer on Linux Platforms
LINCOLNSHIRE, IL
12 months Contract
Start Tomorrow.

*Must-haves :
*Perl/PHP Scripting abilities from scratch- not just maintaining existing
code. They need to be able to demonstrate that they’re not just changing
minor
values, need to be able to implement major functionality changes with the
code to fully automate processes.
With Linux- Need to manage services on linux box and coding to make these
services compatible within the existing environment.
Command line - bash/Shell/CMD (all configurations are through command line,
NOT GUI)
Virtualization - from the server point of view, not as much from a desktop
point of view
Experience with Cloud services from a server point of view
VMware/Vsphere set up, maintain, and automation
Storage and Connectivity understanding iSCSI, NFS, cifs (SAN is a plus) for
Server storage
Some Network experience (DHCP, DNS)
Coding Development background (Perl, .Net, Web Services - Rest)

*Plusses*
Development background
VMware/Vsphere
VDI (Virtual Desktop)
Pthyon and VMware is a plus

*Role *
This resource is being brought in to support the Windows 7 migration from a
Linux point of view. Because their servers are Linux, they have
network services
(dhcp, dns, and PXE boot) to produce those technologies and to make them
intelligent. Based on their skill set, they will be assigned to a team lead
and either take over existing projects, or they will be put on new
projects. They are being brought into expand the server group.
Although the environment
may only have 5 servers, those servers will be re-produced 8200 times, for
the company's 8200 locations. They will configure and set up the servers
and configure network technologies and program a web interface. Although
this position is a Server Engineer from a Linux point of view, they have to
have an understanding of Windows as well.