Please find the specs of the requirement below; kindly send suitable
*Title:* Network Administrator
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 6 months (6801 River Place Blvd, Austin, TX 78726)
3M Conflict of Interest form and 3M Exhibit 1 form found under
Guides/Documents need to be completed in order to submit candidate to
This request is a backfill.
The Manager just re-opened the req with a new description and is accepting
all new candidates. The focus has changed from looking for a person with
high networking skills, high VMWare skills, and intermediate Linux
administration skills to a person with high networking skills and
intermediate to high Linux administration skills.
Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the
position and provides best practicing sharing within work group. The
network administrator position will be responsible for deployment,
configuration, and maintenance of network equipment including but not
limited to Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls, NTP time source devices,
KVM devices, VOIP equipment, and similar devices at customer locations and
internally. Proficiency in network protocols and concepts, routing, VPNs,
sub-netting, and related technologies is essential to this position and the
ability to work independently is highly desirable.
• Provide networking expertise in implementing solutions in a mixed OS
environment, which includes Windows and Linux physical and virtual servers,
using multiple VM platforms including but not limited to VMWare, HyperV,
Xen, and Linux KVM (aka RedHat Virtualization).
• Ensure maximum uptime by performing regularly scheduled maintenance,
including firmware upgrades, security patches, and performance tuning of
• Following change request procedures and policies when maintaining and
updating equipment and services and keeping system documentation up to
date, reflecting changes as they are made.
• Work with the server system administrators to troubleshoot performance,
connectivity, and other issues that are network related.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Project leadership and documentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player and a willingness to work
multiple projects as needed.
• 3+ years of experience with Cisco routers and switches, from entry level
to enterprise level.
• 5+ years of experience as a network administrator.
• Experience with VOIP, automated voice response systems, and related
• Experience with Cisco and other firewall equipment and multi-layer
• Experience supporting a mixed OS environment, integrating services from
both Windows and Linux servers (eg, Active Directory, SMTP servers, etc)
• Experience in environments where PCI compliance is required is a plus.
• Experience with Linux and Windows Server Administration is a plus.
• Experience with SAN and NAS equipment, including ISCSI, Fiber Channel,
and NFS servers is a plus.
• Willingness to work in a 24/7 environment to support customers and meet
stringent SLAs is a must.
• Certifications and specialized training are a definite plus.
Thanks & Regards
Kindly submit your consultant profile to above Email ID. Email is the best
way to reach me out.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.