My name is Ramesh Kumar and I am a Sr. Technical Recruiter with Global
I am contacting you for a position that I am recruiting for with our
client. Below is the job description for that opportunity that I trust you
will find of interest to you and your career development.
Job Title: Linux Engineer / Programmer
Location: Herndon, VA
Length: 6 Months+
Description: This position is for the IPDR service that the HSI team
supports. The DNS and IPDR Infrastructure and back-end architectural
systems supports internal business and residential customers.
This job involves supporting the full range of activities necessary to
deliver services on an end-to-end basis, which will include working with
vendors to develop and implement new systems and optimize application
performance, deployment of new systems and software, providing holistic
24x7x365 support to our customers and business partners, performing
upgrades and maintenance on the DNS or IPDR infrastructure, and develop
creative technical solutions improving performance and workflows as needed.
Additionally, work with peers to develop methods and procedures that
enhance our operational support posture and overall support reach.
* Function as a key member of the team responsible for the
day-to-day, 24x7x365 on-call engineering, system administration, and
operation of H-S-I services.
* Provide review and input into the design of new technical
features and architectural changes.
* Define and implement best practices around various operation
processes while working to enhance or expand our SLA.
* Perform Linux operating system installation among others. Conduct
upgrades, patching, tuning, log parsing, troubleshooting, configuration,
support, & maintenance of said architecture. Familiarity with subversion.
* Perform application software installation, upgrades, and
troubleshooting across products including but not limited to: NetApp,
Isilon, Oracle, MySQL, Apache, Puppet, Red Hat, A10
* Help develop and implement a capacity model, total cost of
ownership model and augmentation plan for the platform.
* Help develop and ensure holistic operational monitoring /
alarming practices across H-S-I devices and architectures.
* Participate in planning, testing and execution of system and
application level upgrades.
* Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution activities with
other support teams (e.g. network support, NOC, vendors). Produce Root
Cause Analysis findings that focus on recommendations to learn from and
avoid problem recurrence.
* Maintain productive relationships with peer organizations and
* Participation in an on-call rotation for after-hours coverage as
* Occasional travel required, other duties as assigned.
High Level Qualifications:
* Agile / Devops experience/mindset (knowledge sharing, learning,
* Linux OS
* Shell scripting
* Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, HTTP
* API Calls
* Applications - apache, oracle, MySQL
* Networking familiarity with load balancers, routers
* At least 7 years of Linux systems administration, performance tuning, and
troubleshooting experience in a large-scale (100+ servers),
customer-facing, high-availability environment.
* At least 3 years in-depth experience with IP networking (TCP/IP packet
analysis, DNS, DHCP, NAT, SNMP etc.)
* At least 2 years supporting large-scale database applications with a
clear understanding of databases and ability to write simple SQL queries.
* Tools development in Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or similar languages.
Scripting with Perl, Bash, Python, Groovy (Creation of shell scripts to
automate tasks and perform basic data analysis).
* Experienced in managing highly-available customer facing applications
with the ability to define and design applications based on LB and GSLB
* Experience managing servers remotely in a distributed environment.
* Design and implementation of monitoring and notification approaches
maximizing system stability, function and performance. Utilizing Splunk,
* Demonstrated ability to stay organized while multi-tasking between
several projects, and to adapt to change.
* The ability to work collaboratively across disciplines (IA, strategy,
interaction design, code) and ideas about how to grow the intersections
* Demonstrated ability to produce results with a minimum of day-to-day
* Demonstrated interest in continuing to grow professionally and learn new
* Verbal / soft skills to help clients understand what we're building for
* No fear of clients, or of telling clients things they might need to know
but are afraid to hear.
Thanks & Regards,
*Global **Associates Inc/ **VCarve Inc*
*||* 7106 Corporate Way* ||* Dayton, OH 45459 *||*
*||*Phone: 937-877-5870 * ||* Fax: 937-312-1205 *||*
ram...@gassociates.com* or* ram...@vcarve.com *||* www.gassociates.com*||*
[image: View my profile on LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshkumarpc>
We apologize if this mail has reached you in error. To remove you from our
mailing list, please respond to this email, specifying your EMAIL ID.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.