Please reply at

between us and the end client.

San Diego, CA
6 Month minimum contract

*Must-haves*5 + years experience as a DB2 Database Administrator
Experience performing DB2 backups & restores as well as day to day
2 + years working in an SAP environment troubleshooting DB2 issues (ex. SQL
errors, performance issues, new indexes, lock waits, etc.)
Strong understanding of how SAP uses and acquieses the DB2 database
Know how to develop, test, debug, & interpret UNIX (Korn Shell) scripts
Strong communication

Working knowledge of Netbackup
Extensive experience in SAP

Client is looking for a Database Administrator with a combination of SAP
and DB2 skills for our client in San Diego. This person should have Sr.
level experience adminstering DB2 databases and enough experience in SAP to
be able to , investigate performance issues and create/propose new indexes
to improve performance. This person will be responsible for performing DB2
database backups & restores, as well as overall database maintanence. The
ideal candidate will be a strong DB2 administrator that relies heavily upon
SAP to perform tasks whenever possible