Title: Sr Java/Hadoop Consultant

Location: New York City, NY

Length: 1 Year+

Our Client is hiring the core team that will build a new product technology
platform from the ground up. The new platform will be a vital part the
company’s transformation and its reimagined product offering. From
technology selection and architecture to team structure and processes, the
core team will take on the challenge of defining the way forward and
delivering real results.

Our Client is looking for a developer to lead the team that will build a
platform utilized by Our Client’s users.

Technologies:

• Platform: Linux, Amazon Web Services

• Foundation: Cassandra, MySQL, Mule, Kafka, Redis, Solr

• Languages: Java, Scala, JavaScript

• Frameworks: Play, Node.js, Backbone.js,

Responsibilities:

-         Partner with the product group to help define and prioritize the
product backlog. Anchor the technical presence on one or more agile
delivery teams.

-         Actively contribute to the definition of the technology platform.
Own a significant slice of the future platform.

-         Design robust, scalable, service based systems. Own the
definition of a consistent set of services and applications that power our
user experience.

-         Set the standard for quality design and code. Take the lead in
creating the foundation of the next generation platform.

-         Deliver quality systems into production. Manage one or more
delivery teams and be accountable for their success.

-         Help define the process and best practices for high velocity
quality. Implement these new processes.

-         Build the Development Team. Help us grow quickly while
maintaining quality. After establishing a strong core, you will be expected
to grow your own team(s) to deliver the breadth of services and
applications required for the business.

Requirements:

-         Strong track record of incrementally delivering comprehensive
applications (2+ major initiatives) into production against tight
timelines. You know how to focus both yourself and a team on what matters
and how to make the inevitable intelligent tradeoffs that come with getting
a product to market.

-         Practical experience leading and working within an agile
environment. Daily scrum meetings, backlog management, sprint definition,
and retrospectives should be a given. Experience scaling these Concepts
beyond a single team is a plus.

-         Experience helping to define and working within a high velocity
delivery pipeline that includes continuous integration, automated testing,
and continuous delivery.

-         Committed to quality, demonstrated through your pursuit of design
excellence and use of leading automated testing tools and methodologies.

-         Excellent command of data structures, algorithms, and design
patterns along with the ability to fluently translate them into working,
elegant code.

-         Must have both NoSQL and traditional RDBMS experience and be
familiar with the differences in designing for each.

-         The new platform will live in the cloud. Experience operating in
a cloud--?based environment and know how it informs the entire development
life cycle from design through delivery.

-         Content Management Experience. Experience with one or more
content management systems and customizing one to integrate with backend
services is a plus.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh Kumar

*Global **Associates Inc/ **VCarve Inc*

*||* 7106 Corporate Way* ||* Dayton, OH 45459 *||*

*||*Phone:  937-877-5870 * ||* Fax: 937-312-1205 *||*

ram...@gassociates.com* or*  ram...@vcarve.com *||* www.gassociates.com*||*
<http://www.gassociates.com||/>

[image: View my profile on LinkedIn]
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshkumarpc>

*Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this
mailing list reply with "remove" and include your "original email address /
addresses" in the subject heading. Include complete address/addresses
and/or domain to be removed. We will immediately update it accordingly. We
apologize for the inconvenience if any caused.*