Please send profiles to *rich...@svksystems.com* <rich...@svksystems.com>
*Title: Senior Project Manager MUST have LINK/SACWIS or Social Services
type of background.*
*Location: Hartford, CT*
*Duration : Long-term *
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) has asked Hallmark to provide
to them a Project manager to assist them in developing and implementing
their mission-critical applications, LINK and IV-E, and Connecticut’s
Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information
They concurrently have implemented a multi-faceted, agency-wide outcome
measure improvement plan that specifically addresses each of the twenty-two
(22) outcomes targeted for improvement. A number of initiatives that
comprise this improvement plan require the support of information
DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well
as an information systems infrastructure to the agency and its roughly
4,000 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to improve continually
improving technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest
effectiveness and quality.
The initial contract is expected to be 18+ months.
- Development of a clear definition of the project (requirements, goals,
constraints, budget planning and monitoring, objectives, migration
strategy, stakeholders, risk management)
- Documentation of the current LINK architecture/application
- Assisting the DCF I.S. Director to obtain the necessary stakeholder
and Federal approval needed to proceed with the project
- Resource planning (hardware, software, personnel)
- Migration and implementation strategy
- Development of request for proposals (if needed)
- Work with other Connecticut state agencies, contracted third party
vendors and federal agencies interfacing with DCF to establish new
- Management of architecture design, business analysis, conversion,
detail design, database design, application development, interfaces, end
user training, application integration, and application implementation.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
MEETING FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS:
The DCF is in the process of replacing their legacy computer system, LINK,
with a modern replacement system. After issuing an RFI to determine if
there are existing COTS systems that provide the functionality required for
a SACWIS system with minimum customization, DCF determined that the
Deloitte FACES.NET solution used in several other states best meets their
The agency is now in the process of finalizing a statement of work to
implement this system containing measurable agency requirements. DCF is
also finalizing a request for 90% federal Enhanced Funding for this system,
but will need to expedite the planning, development and implementation work
to meet the funding deadline to complete installation of the system by
December 31, 2015.
This Project Manager is needed to ensure that DCF develops a statement of
work that not only meet the business and technical requirements of the
agency, but the federal requirements that are associated with Enhanced
Funding. This includes meeting CMS Conditions and Standards requirements
to support the Affordable Care Act as well as the Medicaid Information
Technology Architecture requirements, version 3.0.
This position requires not only experience with federal Enhanced Funding
requirements to successfully obtain 90% federal funding of this project,
but to ensure that federal requirements are met throughout the project life
cycle, including the certification process during formal gate reviews and
security clearances during planning, design, development, implementation,
and operational support of the system.
At stake are not only the 90% federal funding available, but for 75%
funding to maintain the system for several subsequent years (vs. 50%
normally) if implementation is completed by December 31, 2015.
Provide technical aspects of the APD request, technical performance
requirements in the Statement of Work for the systems integrator, providing
appropriate artifacts for the federal agencies involved in the
certification processes of CMS, ACF, SSA, and the IRS, and providing
project updates and reports to agency leadership comprising the oversight
board for this project.
This position will be responsible for providing Independent Verification
and Validation reports if required by federal funders for the project as
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong Project Management Skills – PM certification a plus
- 10+ years of experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Child Welfare, SACWIS and Title
IV-E processes, data and regulations.
- Experience with working with high-level internal and external agency's
- Experience with DOIT SDM Methodology.
- In depth knowledge of the current LINK/SACWIS architecture
- In depth knowledge of the current LINK/SACWIS application
(understanding of each distinct module and its relationship with the other
- Experience with object oriented technologies
- Understanding of the technical and business interdependencies that
will exist between the legacy LINK/SACWIS system and the modernized and
upgraded LINK/SACWIS application
- Understanding of the effort required to move from a 'fat' client
legacy application to a web-based browser.
- Experience in utilizing DB2 DBMS across multiple platforms (i.e.
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Knowledge of information security best practices and implementation.
- Experience in designing production, staging and development
environments to meet the requirements of the next generation LINK/SACWIS
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and
- Experience with IT security.
*SVK Systems Inc*
11465, Johns Creek Parkway,
Suite #180, Johns Creek, GA - 30097
*Contact:* 678-824-7780 | *Fax:* 404-601-9507 |
*Email: *rich...@svksystems.com | *YIM / Gtalk*: *richard05svk*
*NOTE **:* If you do not want to receive email from me, please reply to
this email with *REMOVE* in the subject. I deeply apologize for the
inconvenience caused to you.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.