*Sr .NET SW developer # 4941*
*St. Los Angeles CA*
*US Citizens or green cards or EAD are acceptable to submit. Prefer
local. If not local, must relocate to SO CA. For interview purposes,
SKYPE or WEBEX will work fine. In person NOT required. *
*Here's a summary of the type of candidate I'm looking for: - .Net and SQL
Server platform, full software development lifecycle understanding and
experience. Note that these application are vendor package systems (vendor
developed), so coding activities are limited. - Ability and willingness to
work on both production support and project work, with aggressive
deadlines. - System Engineering (infrastructure) understanding is a plus. *
This position is responsible for participating in the development,
maintenance and enhancement of Southern California Gas Company’s Advanced
Meter Headend and Meter Data Management System (MDMS) applications.
Under the guidance of a Software Project Lead, works with company
customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to assess,
recommend and implement technical solutions.
Participates in all phases of the product lifecycle. Applies broad
knowledge to various technical functions to accurately anticipate systems
impacts. Understands new information technologies and seeks ways to
collaborate with other IT groups to facilitate interfacing and transitions.
Shares responsibilities with other team members to ensure on-time delivery,
which requires a clear understanding of expectations and capabilities and
the ability to act effectively as a team member. Must be a quick learner,
able to work in a dynamic team and communicate well with peers and
- Define technical requirements for the future release(s) of vendor
- Design and develop test cases focused on technical scenarios to ensure
product readiness of the systems
- Design monitoring and alert mechanisms for infrastructure and
- Applies broad knowledge to various technical functions to identify
system’s impacts. Assists in the identification of technical dependencies
and estimation of technical work.
- Plans, executes and supports performance test to ensure scalability
and quality of the systems
- Installs and tests vendor packages, software upgrades and hot fixes
- Setups up server configuration and liaisons with infrastructure and DB
teams to ensure proper setup of systems
- Installs monitoring and performance tools to support systems
- Coordinates technical tasks related to systems in a multi-tier,
- Participates in production support of the systems and applies strong
technical competency to drive resolution for system’s issues and perform
root cause analysis
- Monitors health and performance of application, including databases
- Follows company source control, build and deployment standards and
- Follows CLIENT’s change management and production support processes
- Trains and instructs junior members of the team in technical areas
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and
technical training, is required.
- Over 5 years of wide range of experience in IT in business application
design, software development, system integration, testing and build and
deployment. Solid knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Experience with design, development, testing and implementation of
software systems is required.
- Ability to provide hands on, practical solutions for build, deployment
and installation process of applications and tools. Hands on experience in
build and deploy processes for .NET and distributed systems.
- Strong analytical and integrated conceptual skills required; ability
to understand dependencies and impacts among systems and environments
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on
cross-functional project teams and foster team commitments to tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to
communicate with business clients and express complex technical concepts in
- Experience with Performance testing highly desirable
- Ability to coordinate tasks among several technical cross-functional
teams and drive consensus and identify the right stake holder when
- Experience in the industry or in a production/service environment
similar to that of the employer is preferred.
- CIS (Customer Information Systems) Pre-billing or Billing knowledge
- Good understanding of IT organization (IEO, Shared Services, etc) and
their corresponding domain expertise
- Good understanding of configuration and environment management concepts
- Experience with vendor management required
- Ability to perform estimates for technical work
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows technology: WCF, C#, Microsoft
SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, Windows Server 2008, IIS 7, Remote Desktop
and Domain/Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of relational database, DB2, Oracle DB RAC 11R2 and
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SSIS
- Good knowledge in network and security for web environments,
including, firewall, PKI technology, and security certificates , load
- Good understanding of popular network protocol, sftp, HTTP/HTTPS,
- Knowledge of web services, ALSB and XML appliance required
- Familiarity with Enterprise monitoring, application monitoring tools
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing desirable
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.