Please send profiles to *rich...@svksystems.com* <rich...@svksystems.com>
Job Title: *Network Engineer*
Location: *Smyrna, TN (outside of Nashville)*
Duration: *6 months*
Interview Process: *2 Phone screens*
Here is some more detail regarding the responsibilities and desired
• Serves as critical communications link between the business unit,
IS core team, and vendor providing IS services related to the area of
• Initiates assessment, approval and reports the status of all
project requests submitted to vendor. Participates in the prioritization of
core services and new projects and services.
• Receives and translates strategic business initiatives into IS
initiatives and supporting programs.
• Monitors application or technical resource usage and mitigates
situations which may cause usage to exceed approved, authorized levels.
• Monitors service levels, researches and escalates deviations to
appropriate levels. Assists in problem escalation with vendors and the
resolution of cross company issues.
• Assists the business unit in justifying projects, by participating
in the investment decision process to ensure that the IS initiatives are
aligned to the business priorities.
• Participates in application or technology development projects.
Oversees projects, ensuring they stay on track with defined initiatives.
Aids in the resolution of technical issues in order to keep projects on
• As necessary, performs any other relevant duties to aid in the
success of the organization.
Areas of Technical Specialization:
• Assists in the development, configuration, installation and maintenance
of network systems to include the LAN/WAN for the purpose of providing
input for present and future network modalities.
• Conducts analyses and testing of network systems for the purpose of
documenting findings and ensuring efficiency and compliance with district
• Coordinates LAN installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the
purpose of evaluating components such as hubs, switches, and routers to
achieve peak efficiency within the overall network connectivity.
• Coordinates the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting of IP
telephony system including switches, servers and phones
for the purpose of ensuring the system meets the needs of the District.
• Creates utilities for the purpose of automating repetitive and daily
Designs and implements new network hardware infrastructures for the purpose
of ensuring efficient network usage,
security, and management.
• Identifies malfunctioning hardware and/or software for the purpose of
implementing necessary corrective actions,
resolving technical problems and providing ongoing support to the Field
Services Technician for the resolution of complex
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage incidents as they occur by working with
multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried
out effectively among all parties.
• Qualified IS Specialist must acquire all of the four skills
listed below: analytical, technical, managerial, and interpersonal.
• Analytical skills to understand the organization and its
functions, and identify opportunities, as well as the ability to analyze
problems, and find the root cause.
• Familiarity with various programming languages, operating
systems, and computer hardware platforms.
• Management skills to manage projects, resources, risk,
vendors and change.
• Interpersonal skills to work with end users as well as with
other analysts, programmers, and other systems professionals in a
culturally diverse environment.
• Possess excellent problem solving skills. The IS Specialist
must have technical skills and the ability to understand technical
systematic issues and communicate issues effectively to management and
*SVK Systems Inc*
11465, Johns Creek Parkway,
Suite #180, Johns Creek, GA - 30097
*Contact:* 678-824-7780 | *Fax:* 404-601-9507 |
*Email: *rich...@svksystems.com | *YIM / Gtalk*: *richard05svk*
*NOTE **:* If you do not want to receive email from me, please reply to
this email with *REMOVE* in the subject. I deeply apologize for the
inconvenience caused to you.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.