*Title: Cognos Developer*
*Interview: Onsite interviews *
*Initial Duration: 6 months + extensions*
Data Warehouse Cognos Developer (Programmer III)/Data Reporting Analyst
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is currently seeking exceptional
individuals to join the Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Team. This is
an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled team and contribute to a
critical and highly visible project within the Executive Office of Health
and Human Services.
We are seeking self starters who are highly motivated, efficient,
professional, communicative and able to contribute to the team on day one.
As a Cognos developer on our team you will participate in the development
of Framework Manager Models, reports, cubes, dashboards and the design and
implementation of overall BI solutions.
- Draft business requirements and write technical specifications for
Cognos report, cubes, Framework Manager Packages
- Develop Cognos packages using Cognos Modeling tool/ Framework Manager,
including specific packages optimized for use by business users using Query
- Develop Cognos content, specifically Reports in Report Studio, Cognos
Cubes using Transformer, Events in Event Studio. (Dashboard experience a
- Work on the redesign of current Cognos user interface.
- The candidate will work closely with the business analyst or the end
user to define/refine the requirements.
- Assist business users in developing/ executing complex queries/
reports using Analysis studio, Query Studio.
- Assistance in the maintenance operations of large Cognos installation.
- Improve the performance of Cognos by managing cube size.
- Development of Framework Manager Models and Query Packages
- Develop Complex Dashboards, Reports and Cubes using Report Studio and
- Extensive Experience with Cognos Query Studio, Powerplay Studio, Event
- Thorough knowledge of the Cognos portal functionality.
- Extensive Knowledge in Oracle, SQL Server SQL writing skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ETL Concepts.
- Experience with Medicaid or Health care data would be beneficial.
- Cognos Administration and User Security Implementation experience
- Experience with TOAD preferred.
- Solid grasp of the requirements gathering process preferred.
- Cognos Installation and Configuration on Multi server Distributed
- Knowledge of Reports and Cube scheduling operations.
- Knowledge of Metrics Studio a plus
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.