Title: Lead Data Warehouse Consultant
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Length: 6 Months+
The Data Warehouse Lead Programmer is a key member of the Enterprise Data
Warehouse (EDW) team responsible for designing, testing, maintaining and
supporting applications on EDW and validating source system data
loads. This position will have a focus on developing, maintaining and
supporting EDW ETL processes. This position will also focus on
implementing best practices and procedures to ensure improved performance
of data loads, integrity of data movement within the organization, and
enhanced data architecture to support Business Intelligence (BI)
applications and analytics. In addition, this position will be focused on
working with various project teams to ensure optimal data flow through
systems, designing flexible and supportable data models, and contributing
to the overall data architecture of EDW. This role works directly with
other IT application groups and end-users to analyze, troubleshoot, test
and enhance applications.
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership in the
areas of system design and development, standardization, and support to
solve complex business problems, primarily in the Enterprise Data Warehouse
environment which is on a Teradata platform. The programmer will support
multiple interfaces from diverse in-house developed to vendor-supplied
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
· The position will focus on the day to day aspects of supporting
our Teradata data warehouse and ETL jobs.
Assume technical leadership role supporting entire development staff
through coaching on technical skills, influencing product interface
direction, managing standards and approving system modifications.
· Formulate systems scope and objectives by devising procedures
to solve technical problems using information systems.
· Perform complex system technical design work. Provide strategic
· Prepare detailed specifications from which programmers write,
design, code, test and debug the most complex programs.
· Guide the efforts of co-workers and contract personnel in
accomplishing assigned tasks.
· Demonstrate problem-solving skills by defining and presenting
technical systems solutions for identified technical issues.
· Provide suggestions for improving the overall BI architecture.
Work with the business users to ensure that the BI solution is improving
· Assist with tasks such as application upgrades, proof of
concepts, and software selection.
· Document activities from design to completion to assist future
analysts in understanding work solutions.
· Create data models, data/system flow documentation, design
documents, and test documents.
Design, code and test complex load routines and programs.
· Perform technical reviews with Project Leaders to maintain
consistent technical direction and minimize system impact on projects.
· Direct programmers, senior programmers, and lead programmer
analysts on specific projects.
· Take complex technical ideas and bring them to a high-level to
encourage understanding at all levels.
· Deliver a complete solution to ensure thorough understanding of
the system (documentation, procedures, training, escalation, error process,
· Recognize a request as being within or out of scope and
communicates to all involved.
· Proactively escalates to the next level of management and
provides recommendation from available options.
· Engage others with related code/products/etc to work together
to understand root cause, ripple effects, and an integrated solution.
· Provide input into capacity plans; able to assist with load
· Write efficient, reusable and stable code for complex
· Perform complex code reviews.
· Set high standards of performance for others. Hold others to
the standards and help them achieve these standards, if necessary.
· Clearly define expected outcome for the initiative and
· Take part in an on-call rotation, providing 24-7 support for
the Data Warehouse and applications which run in the environment.
*KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE*
8 - 10 years programming experience preferred, with an additional three
years of project leadership, systems design/analysis and user management. Must
be competent in all aspects of programming and design with minimal
· 8+ years’ work experience in job as database programmer
· 3+ years’ work experience with architecting data warehouse
· Experience with Active Data Warehousing, trickle feeds and the
TIBCO toolset is preferred
· Experience with ETL tools such as IBM DataStage is required
· Experience with Teradata is preferred
· Technical experience with Teradata (including Teradata-specific
training), Teradata Utilities, and KornShell Scripting preferred
· Ability to understand and write Structured Query Language (SQL)
· General knowledge of the BI and Data Warehousing disciplines
including Physical and Logical Database Modeling, as well as OLAP, ROLAP
and MOLAP concepts is required
· Experience with Cognos, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence
tools is preferred
· Experience with Hadoop is preferred
Rarely requires guidance, even on most complex systems analysis.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technical
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.