Greetings from Oberon IT Inc !!!
We have a Direct Client Requirement for you and the details are as follows
Position : *Senior Windows Systems Administrator*
Location : Boston, MA
Duration : 12+ months
This is a critical IT function, so the candidate must have extensive
experience in virtual environments, Windows server software, system and OS
security, storage systems, and data center server infrastructure and
operations. This is a senior-level Windows System Administrator that will
play a key role in building Windows infrastructure to support our client's
enterprise. They will evaluate leading and emerging server technologies and
set standards for the enterprise. This position will implement
infrastructure, automate and orchestrate services, deploy OS and
application security including managing roles, access rights for LDAP and
single sign-on. To be considered, candidates must demonstrate an ability to
provide high levels of customer service, have built end to end application
environment experienced in supporting application development environment
and production rollout within a corporate computing environment.
Additionally, requires candidate to participate in a 24x7 rotational
- Ability to translate PCI 3.0 requirements into actionable items and
- System and OS hardening according to industry compliance standards.
- Evaluate and recommend systems software and hardware for the
enterprise system including capacity modeling.
- Contribute to the evolving architecture of our storage service to meet
changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability,
- Work with core production support personnel in IT and Engineering to
automate deployment and operation of the infrastructure. Manage, deploy and
configure infrastructure with Puppet or other automation toolset.
- Ability to work with and as a member of the IT Operations group as
required to refine our Production capabilities: testing, packaging,
compatibility and deployment of new versions of custom software.
- Creation of metrics and measures of utilization and performance.
- Help define OS standards and processes. Particularly processes like
initial deployment, promotion to production and change management.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and ITSM methodologies.
- Ability to work well with a team of highly motivated and skilled
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated,
approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that
leverage our resources, provide economies of scale, and simplify
remote/global support issues.
- Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime and SLA levels.
- An understanding and application of ITIL principles and practices, and
how they relate to the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or
related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience; or Master's degree
with a minimum of 6 years of experience; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008R2,
2012, Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
- Strong experience with DHCP, DNS, RDS and Certificate Services
- At least 5 years of experience in supporting Windows environments with
expert level understanding on various operating system internals,
clustering, HA, event debugging and issue resolution.
- Expert level knowledge with server hardware
- Experience with capacity planning, performance tuning and metrics
- Experience with native and 3rd-party monitoring and troubleshooting
tools (PerfMon, MS SCOM, MS SCCM, Solarwinds Orion, etc.)
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts (.CMD,
- Experience with multiple storage vendors (Dell, Hitachi, EMC) and
connectivity (iSCSI, FC, NFS)
- Strong knowledge of VMware 5.5 and other current virtualization
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Expert knowledge with security model to manage risks through patching
or innovative techniques
- Excellent ability to work efficiently with internal technology
collaborators and business groups
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Current MCSE or MCITP certification 2008 or better
Sr. Technical Recruiter | Oberon IT Inc
1404 W. Walnut Hill Lane | Suite: 102, Irving, TX 75038.
Email: *purushot...@oberonit.com <purushot...@oberonit.com>*
Direct: 972-330-5903 | Fax: 1-800-218-2820
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.