Send your resumes at adi...@unicomtec.com
*Role: MicroStrategy Developer*
* Location: Beverly Hills/Los Angeles, CA Onsite: 100% (Monday through
Friday) Travel Expenses: None - local candidates only Relocation: None or
own expense Face to Face Interview will be required (No video-conference
interviews) at own expense *
Position Summary: The MicroStrategy Developer will work within the
Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team to design, develop, test, maintain and
support data analytics and reporting solutions.
• Participate in projects through various phases.
• Meet with end-users to understand, clarify and document requirements
• Perform detailed analysis, validation, and identify data quality issues
for incoming requests.
• Provide innovative and creative solutions to satisfy incoming requests.
• Provide effort sizing estimates and detailed task lists, i.e. plan of
• Provide regular customer status reporting and effort completion forecast
• Create test plans and scenarios for development unit testing as well as
• Participate/Support user testing to drive work effort to closure
• Create and maintain design, testing and process documentation
• Participate in data builds and deployment efforts
• Carry out unit testing and QA testing
• Create ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Provide analytical support for data requests.
• Tune BI reports for best SQL performance to run efficiently in a large
data volume environment.
• Setup and maintain BI Architecture (metadata)
• Document and support code migrations
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Must work independently and manage time effectively.
• Must be able to understand business objectives and their relation to the
• Must be motivated to go above and beyond the tasks assigned.
• Must be passionate, flexible and innovative in utilizing all up to date
available tool functionality, experience, and any other resources, to
effectively deliver to very challenging and always changing business
requirements with continuous success.
• Must be able to interface with various business units to understand the
requirements and prepare documentation to support development.
• Must be capable of understanding the complex object design and the
underlying data model of the system, as well as have a highly skilled
attention to the business requirements details.
• Must demonstrate a clear understanding of BI, Data Warehouse operating
environments and related technologies.
• Strong native SQL skills
• Strong experience in data warehousing concepts and techniques (e.g.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
• Ability to complete the full lifecycle of software development and
deliver on time.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a heads-up programming attitude.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or four
to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide
range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a
variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Experience with waterfall development process.
• Experience with data warehouse appliance is preferred (i.e. Teradata)
Project-Specific skills, knowledge and abilities:
• MicroStrategy certification (MCE) and familiarity with version 9 a strong
• Experience with Teradata and Informatica is a strong plus.
• Experience with integrating and reporting on SAP CRM and Finance Data is
a strong plus
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in MicroStrategy Desktop, Architect,
Report Services – Dynamic Dashboards, Web, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast,
Integrity Manager, OLAP Services and Office.
• Experience with complex BI reporting requirements, i.e. level metrics,
time-series analysis, transformations, dashboard development, intelligent
*Unicom **Technologies Inc*
Phone:309-740-1565 Fax: 866-291-2541
Email: adi...@unicomtec.com URL www.unicomtec.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.