Send your resumes at adi...@unicomtec.com
*6 Month Assignment *
This position will help fill a critical role within the Network Engineering
and Connectivity team at Alaska. In addition to being a great network
engineer, you will have specific F5 load balancing platform expertise. You
will be responsible for day to day operation of the network, with specific
emphasis on the F5 LTM and GTM platforms. In addition, you will help define
and document processes and procedures and ensure our environment is fully
operationalized to industry best practices. A customer-first focus will be
a key to your success and a strong history of achievement working on
cross-organizational projects and nurturing both internal and external
relationships to resolve issues and develop solutions is critical. Strong
process awareness and the ability to help mature an organization through a
cycle of continuous improvement is essential.
- Collaboration with DevOps and Systems Architects currently supporting the
load balancing environment to capture undocumented but repeatable actions
to develop standard processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- Development of detailed network design artifacts including design
analysis, network diagrams, test plans, and low level network configuration
- • Ensures the technical accuracy of all designs within the scope of the
existing production network infrastructure
- Installation and configuration of enterprise network devices, including
routers, switches, wireless access points, and wan optimizers.
- • Analyzes and maintains performance data to ensure optimal network
- Maintain full life cycle process for network equipment, including OS
patching and upgrades.
- Monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and resolution of issues and
escalating to the appropriate technical resources to resolve issues.
- Work directly with customers to resolve incidents.
- Monitor and manage all network devices, responding to alerts and
analyzing log output for regular network sustainment.
- Contribute to the continuous process improvement life cycle that drives
- Participate in team after hours and on-call rotation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit, and conduct oneself with Professionalism,
Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring
- Education and Certifications: CCNP, with strong understanding of all
concepts within the scope of certification desirable. F5 Certified
Administrator, LTM and GTM Technology Specialist highly desirable.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing Cisco network devices.
- 5+ years of hands on experience managing F5 LTM and GTM devices.
- 5+ years supporting a large enterprise environment required
(multi-building campus, MAN/WAN, >5000 users).
- Comfortable working within a highly critical data center environment with
absolute adherence to change control process.
- Thorough understanding of IP protocols at all layers of the OSI and IP
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of major routing protocols
including EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching technologies, VLAN, spanning tree
protocol, and Cisco switching best practices and procedures.
- Ability to interpret data captures and debug at packet level.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology.
- Ability to develop work breakdown structures for project planning.
- Familiarity with ITIL process and procedures desirable.
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills required.
*Unicom **Technologies Inc*
Phone:309-740-1565 Fax: 866-291-2541
Email: adi...@unicomtec.com URL www.unicomtec.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.