Send your resumes at adi...@unicomtec.com
*Systems Transition Engineer – CI/CD Dev Ops*
*Work Location : El Segundo CA*
*Duration : 6 Months*
• Review project specifications, coordinate software version installs into
the production environment and
provide engineering guidance to ensure successful deployment of systems
into the production broadcast
• Build and debug software applications into a cloud environment using
industry standards tools, including
Jenkins, JUnit, CA LISA, JMeter, CliQr, docker, etc.. Must be proficient in
the use of these tools and have the
analytical background to debug both the application and underlying cloud
• Must have a good working knowledge of OpenStack, VMWare and all
applicable API’s as related to software
development and integration into a cloud environment.
• Ensure that all project deliverables, including test and configuration
documentations are completed and
• As directed, engage in project initiatives by critically analyzing scope,
business requirements, system
specifications, and architecture diagrams to assess operational impacts and
• Work cross-functionally with operations teams to socialize new
initiatives and collect project specific
requirements that get fed forward into overall project requirements.
• Identify, analyze and document any defects discovered during test and
• Collaborate with operations teams to ensure successful integration of
products into the production
• Stay abreast and well versed with industry technology trends ensuring
skills remain current.
• Generate innovative ideas that are operationally sound yet progressive
and foster creativity on projects.
• Challenge the status quo wisely taking reasonable risks while keeping the
company’s best interests in mind.
• Communicate effectively using sound judgment in making decisions, and
interacting with a broad range of
technical and non-technical audiences. This includes the ability to
interact professionally with a diverse group
including team members, managers, subject matter experts, and executives.
• Build positive and effective relationships with stakeholders, peers,
vendors, and throughout the organization,
including company leadership and executives.
• Work consistently professionally, reliably and objectively. Accept
ownership for your piece of work.
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering, related degree, or strong comparable
• Proficient in both traditional software lifecycles such as the Waterfall
model and rapid application development
environments, including the use of tools therein.
• Familiarity with VMware, middleware and storage related technologies and
tools used in current software
• Professional experience operating in large-scale technology environments;
diverse background in architecture &
operations roles highly desired.
• Ideal candidates will have blended experience in the following areas
applying skills in a systems design role with
a proven track record of success:
- Broadcast technologies & standards (RF, automation, ad insertion,
MPEG, H.264, DRM).
- Telecommunication technologies & standards (WAN/LAN, Internet routing,
OSI, load balancing).
- Cloud deployment using industry standard tools within an open source
infrastructure platform, including
but not limited to VMWare, OpenStack and middleware components.
- IT technology & standards (cloud computing, virtualization,
middleware, system/storage technologies).
• Industry standards, models, & best practices (ISO 9000, IEEE, CMMI, IETF,
• Adept at reading, interpreting, and writing technical specification
• Experience in conducting analysis of complex systems and identifying
operational reality gaps is a definite
• Highly-skilled technologist who can effectively adjust communication
style based on the audience.
• Proficiency in the use of productivity tools: MS Word, Excel, Project,
Visio, Outlook, Sharepoint, Powerpoint.
• In addition to the above, a qualified candidate will possess the
- Independent worker and critical thinker able to self-direct and
deliver quality results.
- Values diversity amongst team members and works collaboratively
towards a common goal.
- Possesses strong thought organization, verbal, and written
- Thrives in a fast-paced, large-scale, time-to-market-driven
- Acts as a role model to others by projecting a positive and
professional work ethic.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and the DIRECTV ecosystem.
*Unicom **Technologies Inc*
Phone:309-740-1565 Fax: 866-291-2541
Email: adi...@unicomtec.com URL www.unicomtec.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.