Please find the specs of the requirement below; kindly send suitable
*Senior Linux Systems Engineer*
*Location: Philadelphia, PA ( Face to Face Interview)*
*Duration: 6 Months *
· Function as a key member of the team responsible for the day-to-day
system administration and operation of video delivery systems with
concentration on metrics data collection, analysis, reporting, tools and
solutions development (coding/scripting/dashboard development) and
· Function as a leader to the team to provide day-to-day, system
administration, and operational support of VOD (Video on Demand) video
· Be approachable and available for dissemination of Linux and scripting
skills for team members ramping up on Linux platforms.
· Support of thousands of Linux systems, both from external vendors and
· Participate in the design review of new technical features and
architecture changes to the Video on Demand content management and delivery
· Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution activities with other
support teams (e.g. network support, divisional support, and vendors).
· Produce Root Cause Analysis that focuses on recommendations to lessons
learned and avoid problem recurrence.
· Assemble training materials for divisional support to enable divisional
and customer care support capabilities.
· Perform code development and upgrades, patching, tuning, and
· Perform application software and database installation, upgrades, and
· Assist with monitoring tools configuration and investigate avenues to
create more robust monitoring
· Produce Root Cause Analysis findings that focus on recommendations to
learn from and avoid problem recurrence.
· Manage capacity, function, performance and stability of VOD environment,
and is at acceptable level.
· Perform occasional Microsoft Windows system administration,
installation, upgrades, patching, tuning, hardening and troubleshooting on
thousands of distributed servers
· Participation in an on-call rotation for after-hours coverage as needed
· Occasional travel required
· Maintain productive relationships with peer organizations & and vendors.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least 5 years of Linux/Unix systems administration, performance
tuning, and troubleshooting experience in a large-scale (100+ servers),
customer-facing, high availability environment.
· At least 3 years in-depth experience with IP networking (TCP/IP packet
analysis with tcpdump and Wireshark, DNS, SNMP etc.)
· Administration, maintenance, support and scaling of Application Servers
(Puppet, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
· Creation of shell scripts to automate tasks and perform basic data
· Coding experience in Python, Perl, Ruby or PHP, the scripting languages
used for dynamic web pages and web development (like classic HTML or
· Experience with databases such as MySQL, CouchDB or MongoDB, and Oracle.
· Experience with messaging, log aggregation, indexing, data mining,
statistical analytics and reporting tools such are Splunk, Logstash, Apache
· Experience managing servers remotely in a distributed environment.
· Demonstrated ability to stay organized while multi-tasking between
several projects, and to adapt to change.
· Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Team player with professional work ethic and positive attitude.
· Demonstrated ability to produce results with a minimum of day-to-day
· Demonstrated interest in continuing to grow professionally and learn new
· Must be able to work variable shift hours and rotate on-call duties
· Must be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment requiring broad
experience, adaptability, quick learning and excellent problem solving
· Experience with SeaChange, Cisco, and/or Arris Video Delivery product
· Experience with large scale (multi-tier) caching delivery systems.
· Experience with Nagios monitoring and plugins.
· Experience designing SQL database schemas and optimizing queries.
· Experience operating and troubleshooting web application servers. XML
experience is a plus.
· Experience with VBscript and PowerShell scripts to automate tasks and
perform basic data analysis.
· Basic understanding of security and identity management technologies
(Digital Certificates, LDAP, SSO, etc.)
· Load Balancer, Switch and/or Router configuration, function, setup and
· Experience delivering MPEG content over HFC and/or IP Networks
· Experience developing technical documentation to clearly detail
information necessary for the support, construction or enhancement of
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent in
work experience and self-study.
· Advanced degree is a plus.
Thanks & Regards
Kindly submit your consultant profile to above Email ID. Email is the best
way to reach me out.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.