Job Title: SAS 9.4 Platform Administrator
Work Location: (Sunnyvale, CA)
Duration: 6 months (2 months onsite then remote work)
Rate: 65$/hr on c2c
1 The Customer requires an experienced SAS Platform Administrator 9.4 to
administer a traditional SAS platform with the following additional SAS
components: SAS Platform, SAS Forecast Server, SAS Middle Tier, SAS/Access
to Hadoop. Linux OS. The customer
2 currently have a PROD environment. But would like to implement both
PROD / DEV environments. This position will ensure that the SAS servers,
as well as applicable security infrastructure and its systems and
processes, are aligned with tactical and strategic information management
initiatives. The Administrator will plan, coordinate and implement the SAS
product maintenance / patches and upgrades, backups, troubleshoot SAS
system related problems, and be responsible for the overall availability of
the SAS tools and software environment. Other responsibilities may include
maintaining the SAS software roadmap, presenting technical briefings to the
support staff, developers and the management team.
The Administrator must possess the ability to interface with all aspects of
an IT infrastructure especially as it pertains to setting best practices,
making recommendations and working with SAS to make it fit with existing IT
Experience administering SAS Specific Requirements: Platform
environments, and working the other Customer Administrators aligned to
support the OS & Perform and schedule Hardware on which SAS resides.
Regular backups of the Metadata Server and physical files; Implement best
Experience using SAS Management Console practices for backup processes.
1. Creating Users
2. Creating Groups
3. Creating Roles
4. Creating and securing folders
5. Experience with Project and Custom repositories
6. Creating and using Access Control Templates
7. Creating, deploying and scheduling jobs
3 Experience with SAS Configuration Wizard to administer web applications
1. Experience monitoring Logs from within SMC
2. Experience defining Servers and changing server definitions
3. o Experience creating SAS, Teradata Server Skills.
4. Understanding server security and folders and how libraries they
relate to SAS folders and security.
5. Knowledge of SAS configuration files such as autoexec,
configuration and environment files.
6. Starting and stopping Knowledge and experience implementing and
optimizing the SAS clients servers.
Security mentioned above; not how to use them, but how to administer them.
Ability to implement a security scheme in SAS and interfacing it with OS
Other Responsibilities: Ability to work independently. Strong
communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
1. Manage and track SAS products inventory.
2. Develop processes to increase efficiency of the SAS Platform.
3. Establish best practices for managing the SAS environment.
4. Maintain awareness of new SAS releases, patches and upgrades.
5. Monitor the SAS servers for resource utilization and act on
incidents in conjunction with the Customer Infrastructure support team.
6. Provide guidance and assistance to SAS developers/analysts on
operational and technical issues related to SAS Administration.
7. Provide guidelines and establish data and metadata security.
8. Coordinate/perform SAS patch installations as well as major system
upgrades for underlying SAS infrastructure; establish vendor relationships
to execute this duty.
9. Maintain configuration data, user access and control within all
1. Maintain PROD / DEV / UAT SAS environments.
2. Serve as technical subject matter expert (SME) for SAS
3. Assist with SAS capacity and disaster recovery planning and
4. Work closely with Customer server and storage administrators for
routine operations such as performance tuning, upgrades and backups.
5. Maintain SAS licenses and provide monthly metrics on SAS usage.
6. Coordinate the SAS Prod/Non-Prod infrastructure deployments.
*Thanks & Regards*
*Global Information Systems, Inc*29777 Telegraph Rd *I* Suite 2450 *I*
Southfield *I *MI-48034
Ph: 248 223 9800 x 214 *I *Fax: 248.266.8320
*v...@gissite.com <v...@gissite.com>* *I *www.GISSite.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.