*Need Visa copy with RC mail, without that no submission. Please don’t send
me resumes if you can’t provide Visa copy.*
I have an urgent requirement with one of my direct client, details of which
are given below. Please send me your updated resume with expected *per hour
Please mail resumes at *abha...@idctechnologies.com*
* Position: IBM Cognos Developer Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Duration: 8+ Months Client: TCS*
*Interview Mode:: Telephonic*
*Job Description: *
*Relevant Experience *
IBM Cognos BI (preferably v10.x) product suite (Report Studio, Analysis
Query Studio, etc.), Cognos ReportNet, Cognos - Access Manager, Data
Warehouse concepts, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, SQL and related skills,
dimensions, cubes / Rules / TI process /Active Forms / Webforms,
1. Proficiency with Cognos BI (preferably v10.x) product suite (Report
Studio, Analysis Studio,Query Studio, etc.)
2. Expert in Framework Modeling
3. Experience in Active Reports development
4. Experience in creation and maintenance of Power cubes
5. Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries required
6. Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning),
familiarity with complex data and structures
7. Excellent interpersonal ( verbal and written) communication skills
are required to support
8. Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
9. Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software
development life cycle is
11. Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly
to changing priorities
12. Requires leadership qualities to mentor junior members of the team.
13. Must be able to pass a DoD clearance up to a Secret level
14. Expert in providing reporting solutions using Report Studio, Query
Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio
15. Exposure to Scheduling, Deployment and Admin Activities
16. Experience of Data warehousing concepts
17. Experience of database – Oracle/Teradata
18. Good Analytical and Communication skills.
19. Cognos developer to work within the Business Intelligence
organization designing, developing and implementing state of the art
solutions using Cognos BI tool suite.
20. As part of the team of Cognos developers, will participate and be
responsible for analysis, design and development of Framework manager
Model/Cognos reports/cubes using Cognos Business Intelligence Suite
21. Ability to gather requirements, prepare functional specs and
technical documentation in addition to development is expected out of this
22. Will have to work closely with project managers, ETL and data
modeling teams under the guidance of the direct supervisor in developing
Business Intelligence solutions.
23. Coordinate, with minimum supervision, software design and
development projects to support and implement state of the art data
visualization and analytical solutions for BI department utilizing Cognos
Business Intelligence Suite.
24. Coordinate with business end-users, vendors, software development
teams, and executive management to translate business requirements into
actionable functional/technical design specifications and assess system
performance and enhancements.
25. Deep knowledge about the reporting platform and various Cognos
26. Strong familiarity with Cognos Transformer, Dynamic Cube Designer
and BI modeling
27. Experience with Java scripting, xml, mdx
28. Experience in generating reports from various database platforms,
including Teradata , SQL Server and Oracle is required
29. Experience working with data modelers in during data model design
30. Exhibit advanced proficiency with coding highly developed SQL
31. Strong in-depth knowledge of OLAP development and data warehouse
concepts/best practices and data modeling
32. Ability to evaluate SQL statements and tune non-conforming SQL as
33. Hands-on development experience with Cognos 10.2 or above
(Business/Predictive analytics experience is preferred)
34. Strong understanding of Cognos BI architecture and application
35. Strong verbal and communication skills are a must.
*Roles & Responsibilities*
1. Participate in business analysis activities to gather required
reporting and dashboard requirements
2. Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used
to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially
multiple data sources
3. Participate with other specialist to convert legacy reports
(primarily Business Objects) to Cognos BI solutions.
4. Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are
implemented for your sphere of influence
5. Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
6. Provide training and assistance to users for generation of adhoc
7. Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and
8. Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
*Generic Managerial Skills*
Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computers.
*Email is the best way to reach me...*
Thanks & Regards,
IDC TECHNOLOGIES INC | 1851 McCarthy Boulevard, Suite 116, Milpitas, CA ,
Phone No.: 408-457-9399 ext-2033 I Email: abha...@idctechnologies.com I
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.