*Title : Sr Project Manager - Guidewire*
*Location: Madison, WI*
*Length: Thru 2016 with likely 12 month extensions.*
*Start: Jan 2016*
*Interview: Onsite if local otherwise Video Conference*
Sr. Project Manager for a major system release of Guidewire PolicyCenter
Client uses an iterative approach to development -- a mix of Waterfall and
Agile. Each iteration is focused on developing a package of core
functionality as scoped for the release. Development iterations (Sprints)
are monthly and will be followed by an extensive system integration test
Development for this release is complete and system integration is under
way. This release has a target implementation at the end of January 2016.
Subsequent releases are planned.
PM manages a PolicyCenter development team, collaborating with other
development team PM's, an overall release manager and a product owner
This project is a Guidewire PolicyCenter major release to enhance and
rollout new features and functionality for our property & casualty lines of
This project is in the final system Integration testing phase. The
candidate PM will need to be able to pick up this project mid-stream and
get up to speed quickly.
Responsibilities: will manage a development team of approximately 14
members and off-shore testing resources.
This is a dynamic development environment that requires the PM to closely
manage and control project dependencies, handle change requests, and
effectively manage risks and issues. PM will lead daily Scrums as well as
The successful PM will be proactive and an effective team leader. This
person must keep the development team focused and on track to meet tight
1. The primary skill is application development project management
experience in a JAVA like environment
2. Needs at least 7 years' experience managing application development
3. Success in managing multiple 20,000 hour software development projects.
4. System Integration with a third party; working with on and off shore
5. Strong experience and understanding of Agile/Scrum and Agile/Scrum
6. Strong knowledge of JAVA type development for n-tier applications
*Project Management Skills:*
1. Strong organizational skills
2. Strong risk management experience
3. Proactive on dealing with risks and issues
4. Strong critical path management experience.
5. Project metrics reporting knowledge
6. Strong experience and expertise using the science of project management,
including the following:
- Communication management
- Issue management
- Risk management
- Project scheduling and schedule management
- Budget management
- Scope management
- Quality management
7. Ability to meet tight timelines
8. MS Project experience
1. Excellent leadership and team building skills
2. Strong collaborator
3. Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, soft skills are key
4. Ability to work with all levels in the organization - ability to build
strong relationships and alliances with key stakeholders
5. Strong presentation/facilitation skills
6. Candidates need to take initiative and be proactive with skills to work
*Strongly Desired skills:*
1. Knowledge of Clarity
2. Knowledge of Rally or TFS (Agile backlog tools)
4. Insurance project experience
Thanks & Regards
Bourntec Solutions, Inc.,
Phone: 847 780 1045 Ext 6272
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.