Send your resumes at adi...@unicomtec.com
*SQL Server DBA’s*
*long term contract*
*They have multiple locations in Chicago, Glen Mills PA or Hermitage, TN
(near Nashville). *
*9+ years candidates required *
- Install and patch SQL Server software for standalone and clustered
- Configure SQL Server installations to meet defined best practices.
- Monitor and remediate issues with SQL Server maintenance jobs to
include backups, DBCC and reindexing.
- Perform SQL Server database migrations for hardware refreshes and SQL
- Manage SQL Clusters with primary focus on SQL 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
running on Windows 2008 R2, 2012.
- Troubleshoot database and instance performance problems.
- Troubleshoot issues with SQL Server high availability solutions to
include Windows Failover Clusters and SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Review and provide feedback on scheduled SQL Server database changes.
- Implement and maintain database security according to security
- Proactively monitor database systems to ensure minimum downtime.
- Participate in database tuning to include add/drop/change indexes
based on vendor and developer input.
- Review SQL Server instances for compliance with documented best
- Provide excellent customer service for incident and service request
- Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources
allocated to the databases are adequate and to ensure high availability and
- React and resolve all database related warning and alarms from
database monitoring system.
- Provide database backup and recovery operation according to given
- Review and analyze “critical (security) patch” information sent by
- Manage database storage and capacity planning for internal objects and
- Develops and provides SQL configuration and application development
best practices and standards for SQL
- Provides support to Application development teams for development best
practices, performance analysis and custom TSQL code.
- Provide support to Performance Testing Team and other
infrastructure/operations teams in collection, analysis and reporting on
SQL Server performance metrics
- Escalate and manage problems to resolution through Microsoft Support,
SQL Development Team and/or third parties as appropriate.
- Provide 24x7 on call support as scheduled.
*Knowledge Sharing / Documentation*
- Document SQL standards and team processes/procedures as needed
*Education*: College Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work
- 7+ years of experience in general database administration in a large
MS SQL Server environment
- General knowledge of infrastructure technologies and how they relate
to SQL performance (storage model/design, Windows OS, Hyper-V, clustering,
- Extensive experience in SQL database engine infrastructure and
support, version 2008R2 and higher
- Extensive operational support knowledge of SQL Server on Windows 2012
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Server automation scripts
(backups, indexing, migrations, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve database performance issues,
blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, Memory,
I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Expert knowledge of SQL installation, configuration and patching on
standalone server, Windows failover cluster and SQL AlwaysOn cluster.
- Expert knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models and backup
strategy design and implementation.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server best practices as defined by Microsoft
and generally accepted in the DBA community
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, work
instructions, standards definitions, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3rd party monitoring tools and applications (Idera, SCOM)
- Knowledge in a scripting language like PowerShell, VBScript, WSH
Some level of understanding of AD and AD security principles
*Unicom **Technologies Inc*
Phone:309-740-1565 Fax: 866-291-2541
Email: adi...@unicomtec.com URL www.unicomtec.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.