We have *Sr Vertica DBA* Position In *NY* with one of our known client ,
please go through the below job description if you’re interested please
respond to this email with your resume and expected pay rate.
*Role : Sr Vertica DBA *
*Location : NYC, NY *
*Duration : 6+ Months*
*Job Description: *
Create, grow and manage Vertica database Instances in all GroupM
environments such as QA, Production, in different regions on AWS and Data
• Design and implementing DR/failover, resource management, security,
backup and recovery, etc.
• Develop and implement protocol for production support, deployment and
• Create the requirements for monitoring, performance metrics and
• Deploy new versions of the Database and the schema.
• Migrate existing data warehouse solutions to Vertica
• Automate deployment and work
• Support secondary OLTP databases as needed.
• Strong experience with SQL queries projections, resource pools, and
other Vertica configuration settings.
• Understanding of Database implementation details in order to
troubleshoot and implement solutions optimally.
• Linux System administrative experience.
• Deep understanding of the ETL process, schema design, query
optimization, and performance tuning.
• Vertica Backup and Recovery.
• Expertise in Vertica DB configurations.
• Cluster expansion and rebalancing.
• Exercise good communication skills for communicating production
changes and issues.
• Relational database understanding
• Organization and analytic skills, with problem solving ability
• Customer service attitude
• Scripting language to automate work.
• Windows Administration knowledge can be helpful.
• Knowledge of Amazon AWS EMR and S3 a plus
• Pervious knowledge and work experience on MPP systems like Teradata and
Netezza a plus.
• Pervious knowledge and work experience on Hadoop and Spark stack a plus.
• Previous experience working with digital media large production systems
While candidates from all backgrounds are considered, the preferred
candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University
• Proven record (7-10 years) as DBA on MPP platform.
• Deep experience (3-5 years) with HP Vertica
• Experience with MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server
*Thanks and Regards*
*IT Recruiter| Ven Soft LLC*
*4221 Walney Road, suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151*
*Office: **703-763-2541 (896)* *| Fax:* *732 875 0535*
*Email id:* *ri...@vensoftllc.com <ri...@vensoftllc.com>* *|
*Ven Soft LLC is ranked 616 – on the 2014 Inc. 5000 List and
is successfully providing full IT consulting services to Fortune 500 firms
with offices all over US and with headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.