Hope you are doing great!!
*Role: Network Security Engineer - Expert*
*Location: Pittsburg, PA *
*Type: C2C or C2H *
*Duration: Long Time*
*Interview Process: Telephonic, Skype &/or F2F*
The Network Security Engineer - Expert reporting into the Network Security
group of CTS Data Communications is responsible for design, integration and
daily operations of the security of the data transport network. This
individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration
of network security hardware and software, enforcing network security
policies, and network compliance activities. The focus of this position
will encompass elements of Enterprise Network Architecture performed by an
individual with skills and experiences that are broader than Networking.
· Acts as Project Expert for assigned projects listed in the CTS
Fiscal Year Goals and Objectives, or as assigned by the Manager, Data
Communications, for the UPMC and affiliated/associated businesses,
including the creation and updating of finite project plans using the ISD
approved standardized project management software. Attends business
planning sessions on these projects and provides project updates.
· Adheres to service level agreements.
· Aids in the development of process improvement (CMMI) to increase
product and service quality.
· Analyzes, troubleshoots, and corrects network problems remotely
· Assists with network security assessments for potential business
· Assists with the development and reinforcement of service level
· Assists with the development of documentation and provides
introductory training for support groups, such as the ISD Help Desk and ISD
Operations, as it relates to Data Communications support services.
Coordinate and ensure that Data Communications support information is
distributed (electronically or manually) to ISD organizations such as the
ISD Help Desk, ISD Operations, and any other groups which require such
· Coaches less experienced IT professionals.
· Designs and implements remote connectivity solutions including
but not limited to IPSec VPN
· Designs standards and long-term strategy for the security of the
network architecture based on organizational needs.
· Keeps fully abreast of trends and changing technologies as they
relate to IT and Network Engineering and Information Security fields.
Engages in continuous process improvement.
· Maintains and administers perimeter security systems such as
· Monitors security system logs and reports on discovered anomalies
· Networking Planning and Engineering - Develops the UPMC
Networking strategy, architecture, and Point of View.
· Performs analysis of network security needs and contributes to
design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
· Provides Level III support for problem requests escalated by the
ISD Help Desk or ISD Operations and coordinates with UPMC personnel and
vendors to resolve issues.
· Provides guidance to the Senior and Intermediate level staff
members pertaining to project priority, project assignment, special
activities, and other initiatives. Ensures that projects are completed on
time, or report any delays. Informs all concerned parties of project
status, including providing any required documentation.
· Provides on-call support during both business and non-business
hours as established and in accordance with CTS Policies and Procedures.
· Provides training to general staff regarding network security
· Uses sniffers and other tools to troubleshoot and isolate network
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience. Professional certification
in either vendor specific or industry standards in network or information
· Minimum of 5 years directly related work experience in network,
security administration/ engineering.
· Prior hands-on professional experience with Enterprise Class
firewalls (Juniper Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ASA), routers and
· Linux experience is a plus.
· Understand both network and application layer firewall
technologies. Apply knowledge to manage complex firewall policies that
employ NAT, application layer gateways, and policy based VPN's.
· Desired ability to manage Juniper firewalls and firewall policies
using Juniper NSM central management software.
· Understand tunnel mode and transport mode VPN technology. Manage
main mode and aggressive mode VPN's on a variety of hardware platforms.
· Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
(TCP and UDP).
· Utilize various sniffer products to decode network traffic to
solve complex application issues.
· Demonstrate a high level functional understanding of network
routing and switching technology for the purpose of solving connectivity
problems in a firewalled environment.
· Demonstrate the ability to work independently on projects and
prepare equipment for deployment in the corporate data centers and at
· Working knowledge of network security, intrusion detection
systems, authentication mechanisms, encryption technologies, and networking
protocols including SMTP, HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and SNMP.
· Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills are
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
with all levels of personnel both internally and externally; e.g.
leadership, executives, clients, vendors, and agencies.
· Ability to work in and constructively contribute to team work
environment and meet deadlines.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Attention to detail and follow through including the ability to
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information is
· Juniper and Palo Alto highly preferred.
*Thanks & Regards*
*Sr. Technical Recruiter*
*IDC Technologies | 1851 McCarthy Blvd. Suite 116, Milpitas, CA 95035 *
<ajit.rath...@idctechnologies.com> | Direct: 408-418-5779 Ext-257*
*ISO 9001-2008 Certified | **www.idctechnologies.com*
*"The best investment any firm will ever make is whatever it takes to get
the best individual for the job"*
This message is for the named recipient(s) above and may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information of IDC
Technologies. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately delete all copies of it, and notify the sender. Do not
disseminate this message to anyone if you are not the intended recipient
P Please consider the environment
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.