Powershell scripting – server build is automated but need to improve it
HP, Dell, and some UCS for server hardware (not required)
Linux and Citrix are both nice to have (not required)
6 – 12 month contracts
IT Server Systems Engineer - Windows
1. Job Function Summary
The Compute Platform Group is the server team, which is responsible for the
server hardware, firmware, operating system and direct-attached-storage for
the Firm’s server fleet. The successful candidate must be a subject matter
expert with hands-on experience with a wide range of enterprise computing
platforms, in particular Intel x86-64 blades and standalone servers running
Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012. The role will be primarily focused
on; support, gathering requirements, design, configuration, administration,
implementation, of a variety distributed computing technologies in support
of the Firm’s financial services business.
2. * Principal Responsibilities*
This role has an engineering component as well as an L1, L2, L3 support
component. Specifically, the successful candidate will be able to 1)
utilize technical systems administration and systems engineering skills and
methodologies, such as automation, to improve reliability and
supportability. 2) Perform basic L1, L2, L3 day-to-day run-the-firm
support. The expectation is that progress with the former will favorably
reduce the requirement for the latter.
• Requirement gathering, then design of solutions to meet business needs.
• Provide direction and guidance to datacenter teams performing installs
• Work with Business teams (e.g. Portfolio Managers, Quants, and
Developers) as necessary to deploy and maintain tech solutions.
• Work with other IT teams (e.g. Database, Network, Virtualization,
Datacenter) as necessary to deploy and maintain tech solutions
• Develop and engineer solutions in support of solving business challenges
in the company’s x86 platforms.
• Continually evaluate infrastructure effectiveness, develop technical
direction, and upgrade initiatives.
• Develop tactical (short-term) and strategic (long-term) technical
solutions that will address business and IT requirements.
• Work as part of a project team to design, develop, and build new
• Implement proof-of-concepts for new system designs and participate in and
document system design reviews.
• Work closely with key stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure
the solutions developed meet these requirements.
• Contribute to the design, development, and execution of system lifecycle
from inception through deprecation.
• Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments maintain
the highest levels of availability and quality.
• Participate in the selection, design, and implementation of new computer
equipment, including servers, data storage systems, and backup systems, as
well as the systems software that runs on those servers
• Provide IT services such as systems administration and troubleshooting,
capacity planning and load management, security assessments and threat
resolution, monitoring and resolution of reliability and performance
issues, user support, and infrastructure maintenance at the system level
and for individual software components
• Develop and document best practices and operating procedures.
• Participate in the planning, designing and testing of disaster recovery
• Occasionally provide escalation support to Help Desk, ECC and Datacenter
• Participate in 7x24x365 support for the company’s server fleet as part of
an on-call rota.
• Manage access to shared resources in an AD DS environment.
• Configure Active Directory Objects.
• Use Group Policy (GPOs) to configure user, computer, security
• Configure and analyze server security and security update compliance.
• Configure and manage storage technologies included with Windows Server
• Configure and manage Distributed File System.
• Configure Network Access Protection.
• Monitor and maintain servers running Windows Server 2008, 2012.
• Identify, evaluate, and apply software/firmware patches
• Design, write, test, implement, and maintain scripts as needed
• Research, assess and evaluate new and emerging technologies to
determine suitability for the client’s current and future
enterprise computing needs
• Some late night and weekend work will be required.
• 5+ years’ experience in information technology and a four year bachelor’s
degree of science is preferred.
• 1+ years’ experience managing a large Active Directory environment of
1,000+ users is preferred. Experiences include deploying and
upgrading * Active Directory envir onments.*
• 1+ years relevant systems analysis/support experience
• 2+ years professional experience installing, administering and supporting
Microsoft Windows operating systems
• 1+ year professional experience implementing GPOs
• 1+ years strong PowerShell scripting
• Experience with Symantec Altiris, a plus
• Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), a plus
• 1+ year experience in engineering certification of infrastructure stacks
within the Windows Server Platforms including high end
peripherals, clustering, high availability, and Storage
•Experience in industry architecture and engineering methodologies - MSF
and ITIL preferred. Understanding of industry operational
and engineering best practices preferred.
•Candidate must possess the skills to analyze requirements and design
solutions that perform optimally, achieve redundancy, and minimize end-user
impact in the case of failures using tools available on the Microsoft
Windows platform. e.g. NIC Teaming, RAID, DFS, etc...
• Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills,
be a self-starter and excel when working in a team environment.
• Excellent technical documentation and communication skills.
• Candidate must possess outstanding organization, time management, and
• He/she must be able to work well in a team environment providing
leadership in areas of expertise.
• He/she must also be able to manage multiple systems environments such
as development, testing, and production environments
Thanks & Regards
Bourntec Solutions, Inc.,
Phone: 847 780 1045
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.