*Title : Cloud Platform Architect *
*Location: Remote, but travel M-Th to Atlanta will be needed initially then
potentially every other week M-Th travel.*
*Travel expenses reimbursed*
*8+ month role*
*Phone and Skype Interview*
Job Description: -
The Virtustream Cloud Platform Architect is a delivery role utilizing
advanced operating system skills and VMware knowledge to architect
Enterprise Solutions on site in Atlanta therefore the ability to travel M-T
to the site is a requirement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Knowledge and hands-on familiarity with VMware vSphere environments
• Deep knowledge of systems architecture and management of Linux and
Windows based servers and stations/DNS, Active Directory, LDAP, Network
booting, in both physical and virtualized environments
• Deep experience in architecting enterprise solutions for high performance
and high availability, leveraging cross-platform and VMware knowledge
• Design and document processes and procedures to automate common tasks.
• Install software, configure servers, implement security patches, and
provide overall support of cloud computing environments.
• Respond to and remediate systems incidents.
• Root cause and failure analysis to resolve systems problem.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, upgrades and resource optimization as
• Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for system
• Participate in scheduling migration and deployment phases of critical
• Participate in 24/7 support, including weekend system prep and on-call
rotations as needed.
• Participate in programs to deploy new products/code in production
• Work with other engineers on the deployment and maintenance of
cloud-based enterprise environments
• 3+ years of Windows system administration experience.
• 5+ years of experience with Linux operating systems.
• Scripting experience (BASH, Perl, Python, PowerCLI).
• Red Hat Certified Professional is a plus.
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is a plus.
• Experience with designing and managing network services (DNS servers,
host-based firewalls, VLANS).
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies and VMware products (VMware ESX
utilizing HA, DRS, VMotion, Lab Manager and Virtual Center).
• Knowledge of SAN and Storage technologies.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively.
• Understanding advanced network concepts, include firewalls, NAT, reverse
proxies, VPN/IPSec, MPLS, and various internet protocols.
• Knowledge of SAP application and database architecture is highly desired
• Experience with DB2 or Oracle databases is a plus.
• Solid written and oral communication skills.
• A reputation for responsive and effective customer service.
• Shift, 24/7 on-call support is required.
• Perform additional duties as directed.
*Thanks & Regards*
Bourntec Solutions, Inc.
D: 847 780 1045
Email ID: rat...@bourntec.com |www.bourntec.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.