*1 year contract*
*Richmond, VA **Face to Face*
*EAD GC/ GC and USC Only *
*Overview: *based on 3 initiatives across 2 business lines. Optimization
- Life insurance – a number of SAS routines – working with existing SAS
based studies, and an initiative to use a new
- Life Business Line – take existing SAS capabilities and use it
better, and eliminate some manual copy past that is going on currently…
- Long term care business and their rate action filing process –
parts of the process, that the actuarials already expressed interested in
Coding SAS and maybe design Analytical/Analytics and reporting on a large
This is an onsite role, Initial screen is always a phone screen… NO
relocation available, would really like to see this person Face to Face for
the 2nd Level
All initiatives have a Data Store associated to it. All have a good
understanding of relational databases, no problem going to get the data,
this is what they already do, they know how is structured, they want to
make it more efficient – NOT a Database designer – Need to know how SAS –
already complex in nature, can be coded to be more easily retrieved.
Optimizing their code – trying to partner with the Actuarial Team to make
them more efficient
*Summary*: SAS analyst/developer needed to work on projects related to Life
and Long Term Care Insurance model decomposition and development.
- Responsible for working with existing *SAS models to identify data
manipulation, transformations and calculations *being performed
- Work with actuarial and technical associates to *define and implement
new solutions in SAS based on functional and/or technical* requirements
- Work with *relational database systems as sources or targets for data
movement along with SQL queries against Oracle, SQL Server, and/or
- Work with *database designs in support of data warehouse or data mart*
- Proactively explore opportunities that create business value and
improve operational efficiency through technology and process improvement.
- Communicate status and issues to department leadership and project
- Contribute to prioritization meetings including assistance in
developing project priorities.
- Build and maintain functional peer relationships and detailed working
knowledge of Actuarial and Finance systems, organization, and processes.
- Evaluate the accuracy of system processes following implementation of:
enhancements, changes, and new product introductions.
- Consult and/or provide training related to new process and system
implementations, on an as needed basis including the development of
- Contribute to test scenarios and/or test plans for quality assurance
testing, including review of test results for quality assurance.
• College Degree (BS/BA) in Information Systems, Computer Science,
Math, Engineering or Finance and/or 4 years equivalent experience
• Proven strong analytical ability
• Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to develop an in-depth
understanding of complex issues
• Experience *developing models using SAS technology* and relational
• *Basic understanding of System Design, ETL Processing and
Relational Data Modeling *
• Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills with the
ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines while working
• Microsoft Office experience including *Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with the ability
to tailor communications to differing audiences including Senior Management
and Technical Developers
• Proven interviewing and listening skills
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Actuarial and/or Finance
• Advanced understanding of System Design, ETL Processing and
Relational Data Modeling
We have a SAS developer need to help us with initiatives in Life and LTC.
This is a contract only role. The manager is okay with H1 resources being
*Ashok Kumar *
*as...@clearthoughtsolutions.com <as...@clearthoughtsolutions.com> *
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.