*ORACLE Database Administrator wth PostgreSQL EXP *
*Location: Lawrence, KS *
*Length: 3-6 Month *
*Interview: Phone *
*Position Summary:* The Database Administrator is responsible for complete
database management, primarily supporting multiple application development
teams to implement and support data-oriented application efforts.
The DBA position also participates in the development and design of
database strategies, system monitoring, capacity planning, backup and
recovery, security and auditing, performance tuning/monitoring,
installations, and upgrades.
*Education: *Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent
- Solid understanding of database design principals
- At least 5 years of experience as a DBA with a minimum 1 year
experience with Postgresql 8.3, 8.4
- Solid understanding of query execution plans
- Good SQL scripts skill including SPs, PSQL scripting
- Good performance tuning skills
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live
database systems issues.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including
planning, testing, backup/restore
- Experience in replication
- Hands-on experience on database administration, backup recovery and
troubleshooting in co-location environments
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis)
- Experience with Database refactoring/migration tools a plus
- Strong experience with the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Linux and Windows
- Programming Languages: Python and Shell Scripting
- Preferred experience with: TOAD, SQL Developer, PgAdmin
- Strong experience with load balancing and high volume, high
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Minimum 1 year experience working on Agile Methodologies / Frameworks
- Experience in planning, scope identification, estimating work effort
and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to clearly
articulate solution alternatives
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and participate in varying
levels of programming effort.
- Team Player
- Ability to gather business requirements and develops the conceptual
design and technical design for multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to solve complex issues that cross team boundaries.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems, performance and environmental
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
including project management, developers, and business systems analysts.
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration and
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience related to mission critical
backup and recovery
*Essential Functions / Job Duties:*
1. Works with the development, IT, and PMO teams to maintain all
development and test database instances
2. Works with DevOps and Developers to build and implement automated
processes for migration of schema changes and data changes through
development, test and production
3. Assists the development team as necessary with query optimization
4. Identifies database requirements; analyzing department applications,
programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing
proposed systems; database creation and maintenance, ongoing performance
optimization, and end user support.
5. Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and
functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery
6. Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for
database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance
requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
7. Assists users by conducting training; providing information;
8. Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities
9. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization
standards including change management
10. Creates and updates existing documentation of processes and procedures
in support of administration tasks
11. Participates in capacity management, expansion and growth planning
12. Works closely with systems administrators, business systems analysts
and developers regarding the modeling, implementation and administration of
13. Provides recommendations concerning database related components of
14. Responsible for maintaining discretion related to all
confidential/sensitive company and customer information
15. Stay up to date on industry advancements, best practices and
standards, skillfully and effectively communicating these to the team
Thanks and regards
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Sage Group Consulting Inc
Phone : 732.767.0010 x 312
Email : *jvam...@sagetl.com* <jvam...@sagetl.com>
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/pub/j-vamshi/a8/b02/b4
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.