*Position: VMWARE – windows Admin*
*Location: Phoenix AZ *
*Duration: Multi-year Contract possibly long-term*
We are hiring multiple MS-Vmware Admins to maintain and support the
Microsoft environment. There will be pager duty rotation as you will be
supporting 24/7 environments.
Requires extensive experience working in a heterogeneous midrange OS
environment (Windows, Solaris, and Linux). Effective problem solving and
communications skills are essential. Successful candidate will possess the
skills to build servers in both physical and virtual environments,
configure the operating system, and deploy applications servers with
minimal guidance. Must have proven ability to maintain focus on task and
deliver within schedule.
*Must have extensive experience with:*
*1. **L2-L3 support*
*2. **Windows 2003/2008/2012 administration*
*3. **Active Directory/GPO knowledge*
*4. **Citrix administration*
*5. **Hand on Scripting experience*
*6. **vcenter administration*
*7. **IIS administration*
*8. **Advanced Windows trouble shooting*
*9. **Basic SQL admin skill *
*10. **Application Migration*
*11. **Windows .Net application hosting infrastructure troubleshooting
• Monitors daily operation of VMware servers (e.g.
space usage, CPU, memory)
• Provide support for any and all issues
• Ensure system backups complete and run on schedule
• Recommend and install software upgrades, patches,
and firmware upgrades as needed
• Works closely with Enterprise Compute Team, system
admins, application teams and business owners to provide assistance,
support, and trouble shooting
• Provides SOX-compliant evidence, audits, logs, etc.
as well as responds to all assigned audit points
• Monitors systems performance issues and addresses
problems in a prompt and efficient manner
• Evaluate current environment and recommend future
technical direction to enhance
• Build new VMware servers as needed
• Requires strong knowledge of Windows operating
systems with effective problem solving and communications skills. Must be
able to work independently in building Windows servers and in both physical
and virtual environments. Candidate must have proven ability to maintain
focus on tasks and deliver within schedule.
*MUST HAVE SKILLS:* Experience with 80% of the following:
· Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
· Experience with VMware ESXi 5.x 6.x, VEEAM, Foglight, and
· Experience with Active Directory 2003, 2008, 2012, LDAP, and
· Hands on experience administering EMC VNX storage and associated
management tools Unisphere, SPA and ViPR SRM; fiber channel switch
management with Brocade Fabric Switches.
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP (DNS and DHCP), Ethernet networks, as
well as server application software and tools
· Windows 2003/2008
· Active Directory
· Firewalls (host-based and network-based)
· Single Sign-on
· Storage Area Networks
· Professional certification such as Microsoft Certified
Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
etc. is a plus
· Be a team player and leader in a matrix environment.
· Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to
multi-task effectively, self-motivated, and can work independent of direct
· Excellent communications skills required to interact with both IT
resources as well as general users. The ability to give clear verbal and
written information geared to specific audiences.
· Must have the ability to absorb information quickly and make
decisions as to how to proceed with each issue based on its own merit.
· Equivalent Bachelor Degree in an IT related discipline and at
least 7-8 Years of
· Extensive understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and VMware
ESXI 5.x and 6.x
· General knowledge of Intel based Dell & IBM servers
· VMware certified professional preferred
· Experience with Netbackup, Symantec Backup Exec, VEEAM, and EMC
Thanks & Regards
Direct: 408-418-5779 Ext 287
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.