*Title : Network Engineer with strong scripting/automation*
*Location – Purchase, NY*
*6 – 12 month Contract*
*Phone and Face to Face (Travel paid for face to face interview)*
• A seasoned network engineer with very good scripting skills – someone
that is skilled with automation, know networking, can do scripting.
• Ideal candidate is a CCNP level networking resource that understands the
skillsets required to support Ansible (linux, scripting, etc) .
• An Engineer with solid routing/switching networking fundamentals ( L2,
L3 ) and a good understanding of the interplay between the various
discipline not only R/S.
• Scripting tools currently in place are PERL and SHEL - Perl is legacy,
Python is forward-looking, but either is effective.
• Helpful skillsets are: Tail-f (also known as NSO) is a multivendor
automation/orchestration tool that can be used to do deep config scrubs,
ACL management, config updates, service chaining, etc. (We’re trying to
sell it into MS (they’re currently evaluating), so overlap there would have
some small strategic value. YAML (Yet Another Markup Language) is the
object modeling framework for Ansible (to be contrasted with the Tail-f
framework, YANG, which stands for Yet Another Next Gen). Both work well
for what we need.
Candidate will be responsible for hygiene related audits and changes to the
network, as well as miscellaneous requests involving configurations changes
on large quantity scale. Implement and document any recommendations for
change management, lifecycle management, and problem management issues as
· Understanding of routing protocols OSPF, RIP, BGP, multicast,
MPLS (L3 VPN, L2 VPN, VPLS, preferably from a provider point of view).
· Understanding of layer 2 protocols HDLC, PPP, spanning-tree
· Understanding of Wireless technologies and devices (CAPWAP, WLC,
· Device platforms including Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Cylades, BNT,
· Scripting experience (shell, PERL, etc)
· Project management/coordination (optional)
· 5-7 Years in Networking
1) Global Maintenance of device configuration as per certified standards
and Engineering recommendations
2) Create, administer, and execute changes in mass-scale device quantity
3) Act as team representative for weekly change management review meetings
4) Provide coordination and act as a team interface between Network
Operations and the Engineering, Deployment, and Security teams
5) Conduct network audits and risk assessment as required and remediate if
6) Review posted documentation to ensure network is in adherence to and
compliant of any mandates
7) Create, debug, and maintain scripts to optimize work flow
8) Facilitate and coordinate work with external vendors for areas that are
not under current management
9) Participate in design and peer reviews
10) Adapt and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions
Thanks & Regards
Bourntec Solutions, Inc.,
Phone: 847 780 1045
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.