*Role:* Ab Initio Engr for production support
*Duration: *1year plus ext.
*Location: *San Francisco, CA
*Interview: *Yes ( Phone then In-Person )
Technical skills : Minimum of 2 to 3 years of Ab Initio, Unix, Teradata
- Lives in the Bay Area and is okay with being at the customer site 5
days a week (no complaining about I live in Fremont and the commute is
- Good verbal and written communication skills – This resource is asked
to provide input (slides) to the monthly report and to present to WSI
management on occasion
- Strong AbInitio design and development skills – 95% of WSI’s ETL is
written using AbInitio
- AbInitio performance tuning skills
- Outgoing personality that is not shy about reaching out to individuals
at the customer or the offshore team
- Preferably from a managed services background (understands SLAs,
metrics, offshore teams, etc.). If not from a managed services background,
then is at least willing to learn and adhere to a MS project. Resources
from a pure development background have trouble understanding what we
should and should not be doing as part of a managed services project.
• Work with engineers from disparate source systems for data acquisition,
transformation and data quality.
• Understand the structure and meaning of data coming in the source systems
through data profiling and applying business content to the data.
• Define business rules and transformations for data coming from source
systems into the data warehouse to match the business application of the
• Design and develop production level data loads into the data warehouse
that are optimized for fast performance and minimal maintenance.
• Design dimensional data models that work well with the other components
of the BI stack, like the database and reporting tools.
• Identify data quality issues and their root causes. Implement fixes and
design data audits to capture the issues in the future.
• Implement indexing and partitioning strategies that maximize query
performance based on how users access the data.
Skills, Experience & Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of Ab Initio experience (GDE and EME) and Unix
• Minimum of 3-5+ years data warehouse and ETL processing experience
• Teradata experience preferred; Excellent SQL skills required
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical associates and
vice-versa a must
• Experience with ETL design and code development and support in Ab Initio
• Experience analyzing customer behavior data in a web-based environment or
operations-based data preferred.
• Experience using rapid prototypes to develop information requirements.
• Excellent communication skills and professionalism are must
Thanks and regards
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Sage Group Consulting Inc
Phone : 732.767.0010 x 312
Email : *jvam...@sagetl.com* <jvam...@sagetl.com>
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/pub/j-vamshi/a8/b02/b4
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.