*****CANDIDATES MUST COME FROM VERY LARGE ENVIRONMENTS- HIGHLY
TRANSACTIONAL**** 25TB PLUS – PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING CANDIDATES OVER –
MUST BE ABLE TO DO PHONE AND ONSITE*
*SQL Server DBA *
*Start : ASAP*
*Duration : ongoing, at least 1 year + extensions.*
*Interview Process : PS and Onsite*
Tech – large enterprise level environment (approx. 25+ TB)
and skills as a SQL Server DBA with SQL Server 2005 to 2014
Soft – customer focused and excellent communication skills
*Must Haves : *
- 8+ years of related experience in SQL Server, including replication,
HA and DR techniques
- Strong aptitude for tuning T-SQL
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization using Performance
Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- Process oriented engineer with strong execution and follow through
- Experience supporting SQL Server editions 2005-2014 in a production
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS, physical hardware, storage
- Experience with AlwaysOn, clustering, replication, virtualization and
high transactional enterprise systems.
- Working experience with SSAS, SSRS desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team player with ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven self-starter with initiative and ability to not only see the
bigger picture but also effectively communicate to IT Management and SME’s
Day to Day :
Their SQL Server environment is responsible for the day-to-day operations
of over 2,300 clinics:
- Financials platform: 7 TB OLTP, 12 TB OLAP/DSS database pushing 2.4
Billion database txn’s/day, 700 users, supporting $700M/month in revenue
- Clinical systems platform: 15 TB+ database, 1.5 Billion txn’s/day,
12,000 daily users, facilitating 80,000 treatments/day
- Transactional replication environment with over 150 Million commands
- Large scale servers, e.g. 160 processors, 2TB RAM
- Custom alerting and monitoring in support of critical systems
- Central monitor server, monitoring 140+ instances
- T-SQL, powershell, batch files
- Operational dashboard using SSRS
- Provide written and verbal recommendations to vendor supplied
solutions including, but not limited to indexing, code modifications,
process improvements and logical and physical data structures.
- Provide technical assistance to developers, perform code reviews,
identify inefficient code, provide suggestions for rewriting queries to
ensure optimal execution
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, performance monitoring
and availability of enterprise Production SQL server environments
- Ensure backup and recoverability of all enterprise SQL server
- Work with Data Architect on long term strategy to ensure integrated
database systems. Advise on physical data model and implement changes.
- Responsible for capturing various database, server, and application
metrics, observing trends that will help longer-term capacity planning and
- Contribute to the ongoing development of technology and production
processes company-wide. Keep abreast of new design tools, hardware,
software and technology and make recommendations for future deployment.
- Participate in on-call rotation (1 week in 7)
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to perform SQL Server
installations and to configure hardware and software so that it functions
optimally with the DBMS. Plan and implement database upgrades as needed.
- Work closely with technical PM’s and other team members to ensure
successful project deliveries.
- Triage/track outstanding issues, analyze root cause, provide solutions
to minimize future occurrences
- Ensure appropriate procedures are followed for implementation of data
and database changes.
- Develop and adhere to common database standards and procedures within
a production operations unit. Maintain documentation related to database
platforms, guidelines, methods and standards.
- Lead projects and efforts driven by database systems, such as
upgrades, database appliance and consolidation.
- Provide technical leadership. Mentor junior DBA’s on the team on
database technical details.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.