*Please submit resumes to go...@lancoglobal.com <go...@lancoglobal.com>*
Title: SQL DBA with Oracle experience
Location - Santa Clarita CA
Duration -6+ months
*In case of H1b consultants visa copy is a must.*
Responsible for monitoring, tuning and capacity planning of the
organization's server-class databases. Establishes sound backup, recovery
and disaster recovery solutions. Works closely with developers and business
users to gain knowledge of organizations databases and the applications
they support. Monitors database operations and performs tuning at the
server, database and SQL level. Installs, configures, maintains and
upgrades various versions of database software across operating systems and
hardware platforms. Collaborates with DBA team to maintain consistent
database standards across brands. Participates in the design and
maintenance of high availability and disaster recovery solutions. Provides
database access to business users and access reporting to audit, risk and
security teams. Responsible for database change management through the
various stages of the development life cycle.
Enterprise Database Operations
· Installation, configuration and upgrades of database software and
· Establish and maintain sound backup, recovery, HA and DR solutions
· Collaboration between business owners, development and system
· Evaluate project requirements and converts into efficient
solutions which meet teams objectives
· Perform database tuning, capacity planning and performance
· Diagnose database incidents, identify underlying cause and
provide path to resolution
· Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain
users and roles, assign privileges)
· Maintain database configurations in a consistent manner across
· Develop implementation plans with milestones, resources and
· Senior team member providing 24X7 support to business and mentors
· Provide direction and mentorship to junior database administrators
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
· Strong understanding of SQL Server database technologies,
utilities and tools
· Strong understanding of the underlying operating systems Windows
2005, 2008, 2012
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects prioritizing tasks to meet
· A sound knowledge of performance tuning through server, database
and application tiers
· Knowledge of SQL Server native backup and recovery scenarios
using Net backup
· Ability to support hardware refreshes and database migrations
onto new hardware
· Strong knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services, SSIS, SSRS,
· Ability to analyze issues, use sound judgment and teamwork to
solve complex problems
· Experience with Triggers, Stored Procedures and SQL Server Queries
· Experience in code migration, database change management and data
management through the various stages of the development life cycle
· Oracle Database experience preferred
· Experience supporting Databases on Linux operating systems a plus
This position provides database support across brands supported by Global
IT Infrastructure team. Collaboration with Operations, Infrastructure
Engineers and Application Developers is required.
Reports to the Sr. Manager of Database Administration.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information
Systems, or equivalent
· 5-7 years of experience as a hands on MS SQL Server
2005/2008/2012 Database Administrator
· 1-3 Years of Oracle Database Administration preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL:
Physical Demands: Work is primarily sedentary where sitting is required
most of the time; walking and standing are required occasionally. Visual
acuity is required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing
data, viewing a computer terminal, reading documents, reports and emails.
Travel Requirements: Occasional Travel may be required.
Position will be located at one of Carnival Corporation’s headquarters.
Work beyond normal business hours may be required occasionally to support
business needs or projects. Person in this role must be accessible 24 by 7.
*Thanks & Regards,*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.