*Position ( 1 )*
Position: Java Developer/Software Engineer
Location: Deerfield, IL
Duration : 6+Months
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and
services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA
division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led,
health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed
through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in
December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands,
complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of
trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes
health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a
trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health
services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can
help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens
represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming
and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives
and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance
to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive
organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and
the communities we all call home.
Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the system
solutions, typically for large, complex or leading edge applications,
products and programs. Develops software applications solutions, of
intermediate complexity, for all or part of an assigned project. Develops,
codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the
objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs, which
may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications
of existing software modules.
Knowledgeable in one or more technologies, products or applications.
Exhibits technical expertise and performs as a subject matter expert for
the assigned area of responsibility. Implements activities that impact
important components / processes of the functional area. Work is received
short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated
undertakings that require a comprehensive understanding of the
organization's current web-based applications, coding languages, tools and
regularly require the application of independent judgment.
- Works on complex projects of intermediate complexity, and leverages
knowledge of applications development methodologies, hardware
characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions,
within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets.
- Actively involved in writing code and scripts that provide desired
functionality to the web-based software, typically for large, complex or
leading edge sites, products and programs.
- Maintains and supports existing software, and develops new
applications and tools.
- Contributes to software design.
- Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing communications
hardware and software.
- Develops protocols to support established standards.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to
appropriate parties including off shore resources in other time zones.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience application
development and maintenance OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 7
years of application development experience.
- At least 3 years of Java experience developing and writing requirement
- Knowledge of technical design process and models.
- Experience with SDLC / SW development processes, such as RUP, Agile,
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to
investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and
implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, IS, Mathematics or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure,
performance capable code.
- Experience with software development practices.
- Experience in facilitating communications between team members
- Experience in continuous process and quality improvement
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Knowledge of master data management
- Knowledge of web design technologies, such as HTML, XML, SOAP and REST
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience working with vendor software.
- Exposure to open source solutions.
*Location: Boston, MA*
*Duration : Long term (9+ months to start with)*
*Need locals for F2F interview, GC or Citizens only*
*Interviews Immediate, please get me a resume ASAP*
*Oracle Application Architect:*
*Description of Project for Application Architect (Oracle):*
The Application Architect reports to the Technical Lead/Release Manager.
They are responsible for ensuring adherence to contractual obligations and
project best practices associated with non-production environment. In
addition, the individual in this position evaluates vendors’ movements such
as; database upgrades, middleware changes, etc., and advises management on
issues/risks associated with such changes. They recommends process
improvements and oversees the activities of the Architect Review Board.
- Monitors vendors’ technical activities related to hosting
infrastructure to ensure adherence to contractual obligations and industry
best practices associated with non-production environments;
- Provides metrics and status reports on non-production environments
performance quality, trouble tickets, issues resolution, etc.
- Evaluates vendors’ technical roadmap; provides input on infrastructure
implementations such as database upgrades, middleware changes, etc. Advises
on risks/risk management strategy for such implementing these strategies;
- Oversee the activities of the Architecture Review Board;
- Evaluate vendors’ technical documentation for software releases and
provides feedback to improve the quality of these contractual deliverables;
- Recommends process improvements associated with vendors’ practices for
maintaining the non-production environments;
- Reviews and provides feedback on detailed technical architecture
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and
possible application to the project;
- Provides technical solution recommendations. Act as highest level
technical expert: partners with software and infrastructure providers to
realize strategic goals; addresses aspects of architectural complexity,
compatibility and platform diversity;
- Appraises IT and business partners of technologies and trends;
proactively identifies opportunities for using technology for realizing
business and IT strategy;
- Engages in architectural governance processes; conducts peer review of
artifacts developed by other architects, designers and technology partners;
- Works with Solution Integrator to ensure systems meet critical
- Liaises with vendors to ensure systems and integrations remain
cohesive and adequately support enterprise wide purpose, reuse and
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems within the hosting
- Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent;
- Produces as required and requested such documentation, diagrams and
other architectural artifacts that may be required by the project.
This is a new position to help with additional work flow.
*Required Skills for Application Architect (Oracle):*
Extensive experience with Oracle technology (such as Fusion Middleware,
Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) with 5-7+ years’ of professional experience
Experience with Java and/or .NET technology (experience with one or the
other is ok)
SQL and/or PL/SQL experience
Web Services experience (XML, DOSP, RESTful, SOA, etc)
*Desired Skills (not required but you will get exposure to some of these):*
Experience working with a healthcare or government environment
Experience performing an Oracle update project, ideally from 11g to 12c
Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Must be able to pass a background check
Must be able to pass a drug test
*Thanks & Regards!*
*Abhishek Kumar | Sr. Technical Recruiter | Saras Solutions
|Abhishek@SarasSolutions.comHangout :: USITRecruiter1993For H1B Consultants
H1B Copy Is Mandatory For Submission To Client*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.