Hi Roland,

Nice idea! Just a few comments/suggestions:

o Need to identify 'area of disparate pain' first, by that I meant
something annoying lots of people and benefit lots of people. E.g.
significant performance improvement in boot up till login or a distro
small enough to sequence into a iphone.

o Proposed process is too complex. How can we get a couple of lawyers
for 4 days looking at hackers working away. They will be bored stiff.

o  should want to be able to do everything from engineers' laptop with
internet access outside SWAN.
      so does OpenSolaris allow hackers to do that?
     If not, may be the first hackfest is to make that possible.