On Mon, 19 May 2008, Bonnie Corwin wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> FYI, I will not be adding this request to the request-sponsor table
> because this isn't a program for Sun engineers.  This program provides a
> way for non-Sun OpenSolaris community members to request a sponsor for
> putbacks to consolidation gates that are inside Sun's firewall.

Hi Bonnie,

I've noticed that Thomas sent this request via his private email address,
makes me assume this is spare time work and not directly associated to his
day-to-day chores as a Sun employee.

Your mail seems to imply that Sun employees should not use the community
process to contribute. Is that really so ?

I'm confused by that, on one hand there's the Sun engineer encouraged to
be part of a community, on the other hand there's the same Sun engineer,
in doing a community contribution, being held to different standards for
no other reason than being a Sun engineer.

Why should Sun engineers use different processes for contributing code
than non-Sun community members ?

Thanks for clarification on this,