Paul Armstrong wrote:
>> There's a critical step missing from the beginning -
>
> I assume after you've worked out which bug you're working on.
> Is any of the stuff before that ON specific?

It would have to be before step 1 in your current ordering, since
which workspace you check out and how to build it depends on which
consolidation the code is in, though I would probably reorder to:

0. Read the information ...

1. Find or file a bug ...

2. Determine which consolidation

3. Create a workspace from the sources for that consolidation,
   and become familiar with building that consolidation

>> determine
>> which Consolidation the code change is targeting -
>> ON, Desktop,
>> X, SFW, etc. as the remainder of the document varies
>> greatly for
>> each (most of what you've got there applies to ON,
>> but parts
>> don't apply to the rest of the consolidations).
>
> OK. A secondary project probably needs to create similar documents for the
> other consolidations (or are the changes small enough that they should be
> documented in the one doc?).
>
> Is http://www.opensolaris.org/os/about/roadmap/conslist/ the best list of
> consolidations?

Looks like it.   I started documenting them as well in the GenUnix wiki,
but never finished:

http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/Solaris_Nevada_Consolidations

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com