> I would add information about the
> request-sponsor table between your
> current steps 2 and 3.

> I believe the bottom line is that if you find your
> CR# anywhere on the request
> sponsor page, then it's taken and you should find
> another one or perhaps try to
> join with those who are already working on it, but do
> not jump in and develop
> your own solution and then write to this list. Is
> that correct, sponsors?

The exception to this seems to be the request suspended list.

> The page has five categories:

This is useful. However, I think it should be added to this page in the key
rather than a separate document.

> File a bug is a bit different and perhaps the
> discussion should be separated
> from the find a bug step. Before you file a bug you
> should check appropriate
> communities, projects, forums to determine whether
> this is already being
> discussed or worked on or whether the community
> thinks this doesn't need to be
> done for some reason.

Added extra line items.

> It might be worth noting for your readers that even
> tiny fixes can take weeks to
> be integrated because they are low priority for a
> sponsor to spend time on.

Replaced last item with this.

> You might also want to add a link to
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/#build

Ah, that's much better. Thank you.

> I'm not sure about this - it's quite old:
> http://opensolaris.org/os/community/on/os_dev_process/

It's got some useful commentary and terms that people should become familiar
with (as well as design requirements which may surprise some people). Worth at
least glancing over.