Viswanathan Kannappan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I will sponsor this bug fix for you. Please contact me directly from
> here onwards.
>
> Regards
> Viswa
> x27649
>

> Vidyalakshmi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   We are  Deepthi Devaki A R(SCA No. OS0172 ) and R Vidya Lakshmi ( OS0171 ).
>>
>>   We are attaching the diff file for the bug 6589063. We request a sponsor
>> for the fix.
>>

>> Bug ID  6589063
>> Synopsis  typo in 'possiblely' in pkcs#11 kernel/soft token
>> Category:Subcategory  solaris-crypto:pkcs11
>> Keywords  ef-reviewed

Just a note to everyone looking at picking up bugs in the pkcs11 or
kernel crypto area.  For testing crypto modules you MUST have a
certificate issued by Sun using the process described here:

On docs.sun.com:

Solaris Express Software Developer Collection
        >> Solaris Security for Developers Guide
        >> F.  Packaging and Signing Cryptographic Providers

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2145/pkg?a=view

I know that there are no certs issued to any of the people requesting
sponsors because I see all the cert requests.  What this means is that
no testing has been done other than possibly compilation.  While this
may be sufficient for changing a spelling mistake in a comment it isn't
in the general case.  I'm not trying to discourage anyone from
sponsoring or submitting requests but it is important that the submitter
actually does testing too.

--
Darren J Moffat