we got a fix for BUGID :* 6555401**,*can we request for the sponsor.*
* diff -u cut.c cut.c.orig have been attached(*diff_cut_BUGID_6555401.txt*)

 Bug ID Number : *6555401*
 synopsis: cut does not produce an error when reading a file fails
 category :  utility
 subcategory :   file
 description : when fread() fails in cut, it does not produce an error
message or a failed exit:
% cut -f1 /var/run/syslog_door
%echo $?
it should produce an error message such as "cut: read failed: %s", and exit
with a failure status.

Test Results:*

a.out is got by compiling cut.c
#cc cut.c

#./a.out -f1 /var/run/syslog_door
cut: /var/run/syslog_door: Operation not applicable
# echo $?
this test gives an failure status with proper errorno "operation not

sca number(s):   *OS0227,OS0225 *

Vinay Simha.B.N.