>Note that SA_RESTART must be set; otherwise dd from a pipe or other slow
>device will return an error condition.  I also like Casper's suggestion
>to use sprintf and write to stderr, since sprintf is now

Note also that there are three gettext()s of constant strings;
these should probably be cached at the beginning of the program
so that we completely avoid any unsafe pitfalls.

        const char *instr = gettext("%llu+%llu records in\n";
        const char *outstr = gettext("%llu+%llu records out\n";
        const char *truncstr = gettext("%llu truncated record(s)\n";