I'm very tempted to try to do the addition of SIGINFO, but it'd be sort of in
the blind, because I don't have the space to try to actually build it, nor
a system I'd be eager to reload to test it.

Let's see,

usr/src/uts/common/sys/iso/signal_iso.h:
add
#define SIGINFO 41        /* information request */

change value of _SIGRTMIN from 41 to 42

usr/src/uts/common/sys/termios.h:
add
#define VSTATUS 16

add
#define CSTATUS CTL('t')

usr/src/uts/common/io/ldterm.c:

break apart the test for IEXTEN and VDSUSP into an outer if for just IEXTEN,
and two inner if's, one for VDSUSP and one for VSTATUS (latter action should
use ldterm_dosig() arguments like those for SIGINT, except for the
signal name).

usr/src/uts/common/os/sig.c:

add SIGINFO to the initializer for ignoredefault.

Is that really all it would take???