* Dean Anderson <dean at av8.net> [2007-04-11 06:17]:
> > I'd like to get some patches submitted to opensolaris. How/who do I talk
> > to for that?
> >
> > The things I'm working on are:
> >
> > - syscall number added to /etc/name_to_sysnum for OpenAFS:
> > afs                     65
> >
> > I'd like to get this into the distribution.
> >
> > - modutility program to do modctl MODREADSYSBIND so that scripts can
> > update the kernel when name_to_sysnum file is changed.
> >
> > - RFC1788/RFC4620 kernel support. These specify ICMP domain name
> > queries/replies for IPv4 and Node Information queries on IPv6,
> > respectively.  Kernel support will return the hostname appropriately
> > formatted.

  You will want to discuss the first two of these, particularly the
  system call assignment, on opensolaris-code, prior to spending time on
  patch/build/test.  In particular, there is a group that would prefer
  to delete loadable system calls, in favour of only supporting the
  DDI/DKI (and maybe an FSI for filesystems) as the committed public
  interface for loadable kernel functionality.

  I recommend networking-discuss for the RFC1788/RFC4620 proposal.

  - Stephen

--
sch at sun.com  http://blogs.sun.com/sch/