I've written a driver for the LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS controllers (these
are not the same as the SAS variants of the Fusion-MPT hardware
supported by mpt) and Dell PERC 5 controllers called mfi.

I'd like to get it into OpenSolaris so it can suffer some review, and
so it will be easier for users with this hardware to install and use
Solaris.

The driver is already wanted in the community, and people are starting
to use it in production. For example see
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5109908.

The driver is available at http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~dlg/mfi/.

I'm looking for a sponsor to handle integration into OpenSolaris.

Thanks,
dlg