On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 12:31:49PM -0600, Bonnie Corwin wrote:
> Hi,
> Since this device driver is currently available as third-party open
> source, I have a couple of questions.
> David, I assume you don't intend to sign a Sun Contributor Agreement and
> contribute this code - but rather, you would like the available
> published code picked up, tested, etc. and integrated into a
> consolidation.  Is that correct?

I'm not sure if I can sign an SCA relating to this code since I wrote
it on work time, hence the copyright is owned by my employer. I'm just
lucky my manager allowed me to use a real open source license on its
use so other people could take advantage of it without issues.

> If my assumptions are correct, question for the request-sponsor alias:
> would this be better as a new project or part of some existing project
> in the Device Driver community?  Or should an RFE be filed for the new
> functionality and this be done as a contribution?

As you say, that's a question for request-sponsor. I'm still getting my
head around these processes.

> I'm ok either way - just wondering which is simpler/more efficient since
> an inbound review will be needed.

Thanks again,