Just a note, MikeE and I were discussing this on #opensolaris.  The code
in question isn't actually open yet since it's in the Install
consolidation.  However, the code in question is a shell script - so
it's clearly open in the sense that it's visible to people.

I told MikeE he should check with request-sponsor to see if it's
possible for him to work on it even though it's not officially published

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 08:49:36PM -0400, Michael Ellis wrote:
>    6457265 RFE: need ability to statically set hostname from GRUB command
>    line.
>    I'd love to work on this with someone when the opportunity arrises.
>    Technically very easy, and hopefully an easy addition that others can
>    also use/test.
>    thanks,
>     -- MikeE

stephen lau // stevel at sun.com | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development