On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Jim Grisanzio wrote:

> * For those who are thinking about contributing code, what can we do to
>    help you get started? Would more oss-bite-size bugs help?

More oss-bite-size would be nice.  I also have a couple of suggestions for
the bug list.  One is to make sure the bug status is accurate.  I worked
on a bite size bug only to find after I submited it that it is was already
taken care of.  I would also like to see a way to search on bugs by skill
needed since the code base is so large and diverse.  For example, I would
like to work on Java stuff since that is my background and I certainly
wouldn't mind working on things like smc, etc.