Glynn Foster writes:
> Hi,
> On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 17:20 -0800, Marilyn Shoemaker wrote:
> > The SFW consolidation expects to begin regular source tarball releases
> > on within the next week.
> >
> > We will accept bug fixes from the community and will follow the ON model
> > for dealing with those fixes.
> Do bug fixes include module version upgrades?

Yes.  But, with all the caveats of the existing SFW modules -- if there's
other stuff in Solaris dependent on the module you're updating (there
usually is), you're responsible for testing all of the new combinations
and getting buy-in from the teams who use the module in SFW.  So, it
doesn't magically get any more fun to update the modules/components.

I suggest we table this discussion until the sfwnv community opens in
concert with the first source drop.

Liane Praza, Solaris Kernel Development
liane.praza at -