There is already an RFE open for this:

6383119 RFE: add support for using zfs clones when cloning a zone

and we are in the middle of active development on this feature already.
The code we have will automatically create zfs filesystems when you
install new zones, will destroy the zfs filesystem when you uninstall
the zone and will automatically clone the zone using the appropriate
technique based upon the source and target filesystems.  We'll be
starting the architectural review process for these new features
shortly.  Once those have been approved by the ARC process, the code
should be available within the open solaris source tree.

If you are interested, we can take this over to the zones-interest
alias for further discussion.  Maybe you would be interested in taking
a look at the code we already have and seeing how it fits with what
you have been doing.