Brian,

After looking at it more closely again, I have an onboard Intel Pro/100 VE
Ethernet device but since it is on a different chipset (915G) than you are
using it has a device ID of 1064 and subsystem-id of 1028.

I added the following to /boot/solaris/devicedb/master:
pci8086,1064 pci8086,1064 net pci iprb.bef "Intel Pro/100 VE Ethernet"
and the following to /etc/driver_aliases:
iprb "pci8086,1064"
and this was already in
/etc/defaultrouter
192.168.1.1

Everything appears correct after I do:
ifconfig iprb0 plumb
ifconfig iprb0 inet 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig iprb0 up

Now when I ping 192.168.1.5 I get 192.168.1.5 is alive, but if I try to ping
192.18.1.1 there is no ping reply as if the network cable were disconnected but
I am 100% sure the cable is fine since I can use the same network cable and
card without touching anything in Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD but not in
Solaris.  This is where I got stuck with the iprb driver.  Note I cannot use
the subsystem-id like you did, because I tried that instead of the device id
and since I have a lot more devices related to it than you created a disaster.

If this is automtically doing cc and emails, let me know where we can move the
discussion.