ashwin wrote:
> HI
> I have the patch for bug id 6551524 Requesting sponsor for the same.
> My SCA Number is OS0144
> Synopsis : su truncates LOGNAME for long usernames.
> Category:Subcategory: utility:security
> change to be made in file - onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/su/su.c
> link to the bug -
> description
> su does not set LOGNAME environment variable correctly for usernames
> longer than 10 characters.
> So the size of array logname is changed from 20 to 30
> Have attached the diff.

I'll sponsor this. Note that your fix isn't one I'd accept.  The target
for username length is 32 because that is the maximum that can be store
in the utmpx ut_user field.   So the fix needs to ensure that a 32 char
long username will work.  We can work out the details of how best to do
that offline.

Darren J Moffat